Date Adopted: December 8, 2003.
Purpose: The purpose of this rule change is so that bail bond agent licenses expire one year after the license is issued instead of on their birth date. The reason for changing this rule is to make licensing fees fair to all bail bond agent licensees by providing the same length of time for an active license to all licensees.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 308-19-140.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: Chapter 18.185 RCW.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 03-20-067 on September 26, 2003.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making:
Pilot Rule Making:
or Other Alternative Rule Making:
Effective Date of Rule: January 12, 2004.
December 1, 2003
Mykel D. Gable
(2) Licenses issued to bail bond agencies expire on December 31 each year. Licenses must be renewed each year on or before the date established herein and a renewal license fee as prescribed by the director in WAC 308-19-130 must be paid.
(3) If the application for a license renewal is not received by the director on or before the renewal date, a penalty fee as prescribed by the director in WAC 308-19-130 shall be paid. Acceptance by the director of an application for renewal after the renewal date shall not be a waiver of the delinquency.
(4) A license shall be cancelled if an application for a renewal of that license is not received by the director within one year from the date of expiration. A person may obtain a new license by satisfying the procedures and qualifications for licensing, including the successful completion of any current examination and education requirements.
(5) No agent or agency shall engage in the sale or issuance of bail bonds if their license has expired.
(6) When the director receives verification that a bail bond agency license has expired or has been revoked or suspended, the director shall advise correction centers.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 18.185 RCW. 00-01-061, § 308-19-140, filed 12/13/99, effective 1/13/00. Statutory Authority: 1993 c 260 § 13. 93-21-053, § 308-19-140, filed 10/18/93, effective 11/18/93.]
Reviser's note: The bracketed material preceding the section above was supplied by the code reviser's office.