Exempt from preproposal statement of inquiry under RCW 34.05.310(4).
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: Application for driver's license or identicard -- Applicants under eighteen years of age.
Hearing Location(s): Highways-Licenses Building, Conference Room 413, 1125 Washington Street S.E., Olympia, WA, on July 8, 2005, at 3:00 p.m.
Date of Intended Adoption: July 11, 2005.
Submit Written Comments to: Clark J. Holloway, P.O. Box 9030, Olympia, WA 98507-9030, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (360) 586-8351, by July 7, 2005.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Clark J. Holloway by July 7, 2005, TTY (360) 664-0116.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: Amends WAC 308-104-014 to require that an application for a driver's license submitted by a person under the age of eighteen must include declarations by the person and the person's parent, guardian, or employer that they have read and understand the intermediate license restrictions.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: The intermediate license restrictions specified under RCW 46.20.075 are relatively new and somewhat complex. The department is authorized to require additional information on the application for a driver's license under the provisions of RCW 46.20.091 (1)(g). Requiring information from applicants under the age of eighteen and their parent, guardian, or employer indicating that they have read and understand the intermediate license restrictions will ensure that they are properly informed prior to the issuance of the license, and will increase traffic safety.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 46.20.091 (1)(g) and 46.01.110.
Statute Being Implemented: RCW 46.20.091 and 46.20.075.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: Department of Licensing, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting: Clark Holloway, Highways-Licenses Building, Olympia, Washington, (360) 902-3846; Implementation and Enforcement: Denise Movius, Highways-Licenses Building, Olympia, Washington, (360) 902-3850.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. A small business economic impact statement is not required pursuant to RCW 19.85.030 (1)(a). Proposed rule has no fiscal impact.
A cost-benefit analysis is not required under RCW 34.05.328. RCW 34.05.328 does not apply to this proposed rule under the provisions of RCW 34.05.328 (5)(a)(i).
May 31, 2005
by Clark J. Holloway
(1) The person's full name, current mailing and residential address, and telephone number;
(2) The person's physical description, including sex, height, weight, and eye color;
(3) The person's date and place of birth;
(4) The person's social security number, if the social security number is required by state or federal law. If the person's social security number is not required by state or federal law, the person may voluntarily provide his or her social security number in order to assist the department in verifying identity;
(5) The person's mother's maiden name and whether the person is one of multiple siblings born at the same time;
(6) If the application is for a driver's license or instruction permit, whether the person has been previously licensed, where such license was issued, and under what name;
(7) If the application is for a driver's license or instruction permit, whether the person has ever had his or her driver's license or driving privilege suspended, revoked, cancelled, disqualified, withheld, or denied, and if so, where and when such driving sanction was imposed and the reason for such action;
(8) If the application is for a driver's license or instruction permit, whether the person has had a loss of consciousness or control within the last six months that could impair his or her ability to operate a motor vehicle;
(9) If the application is for a driver's license and the person is under the age of eighteen, a declaration by the person's parent, guardian, or employer that he or she has read and understands the intermediate license restrictions, and a declaration by the person that he or she has read and understands the intermediate license restrictions;
(10) The person's signature and, if the application is for a driver's license or instruction permit and the person is under the age of eighteen, the signature of the person's custodial parent or legal guardian; and
(10))) (11) Any supplementary documentation as may be
necessary to verify any of the information required by this
[Statutory Authority: RCW 46.01.110. 00-18-070, § 308-104-014, filed 9/1/00, effective 10/2/00; 91-01-063, § 308-104-014, filed 12/14/90, effective 1/14/91.]