Purpose: For clarification and to bring existing rules up-to-date with current technology. The proposal changes the coordinate system adjustment required for the horizontal control network in Washington from NAD 83(1991) and allow for the reporting of the specific adjustment used.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending chapter 332-130 WAC.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: Chapter 58.24 RCW.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 05-08-067 on March 31, 2005.
A final cost-benefit analysis is available by contacting Gwen Roy, PLS, Department of Natural Resources, P.O. Box 47060, Olympia, WA 98504-7060, phone (360) 902-1181, fax (360) 902-1191, e-mail email@example.com.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: June 7, 2005.
(2) A land boundary survey corner shall be referenced to
the Washington Coordinate System of 1983, ((
1991,)) prior to removal or destruction. See WAC
(( 332-130-060, Geodetic control)) 332-130-070(2), land
boundary survey standards.
An applicant may request a variance from this referencing requirement by so noting in the applicant information section on the permit and providing the justification on the back of the form. The department shall note whether the variance is approved or not approved and shall provide the reason for not approving the request.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 58.24.040(8). 94-06-034 (Order 617), § 332-120-040, filed 2/25/94, effective 3/28/94; Order 131, § 332-120-040, filed 3/1/72, effective 4/7/72.]
(1) Local geodetic control surveys: Surveys for the
specific purpose of establishing control points for extending
the National Geodetic Survey horizontal and vertical control
establishing plane coordinate values on boundary
monuments within the requirements of the Washington coordinate
system, and determining the vertical elevations of boundary
monuments)) also known as the National Spatial Reference
System (NSRS), but not submitted to the National Geodetic
Survey for inclusion in the NSRS.
(2) GLO and BLM: The General Land Office and its successor, the Bureau of Land Management.
(3) Land boundary surveys: All surveys, whether made by individuals, entities or public bodies of whatever nature, for the specific purpose of establishing, reestablishing, laying out, subdividing, defining, locating and/or monumenting the vertical or horizontal boundary of any easement, right of way, lot, tract, or parcel of real property or which reestablishes or restores General Land Office or Bureau of Land Management survey corners.
(4) Land corner record: The record of corner information form as prescribed by the department of natural resources in WAC 332-130-025.
(5) Land description: A description of real property or of rights associated with real property.
(6) Land surveyor: Any person authorized to practice the profession of land surveying under the provisions of chapter 18.43 RCW.
(7) NAD83 ((
(1991))): North American Datum of 1983(( ,
adjusted in 1991)) as designated by chapter 58.20 RCW.
(8) Parcel: A part or portion of real property including but not limited to GLO and BLM segregations, easements, rights of way, aliquot parts of sections or tracts.
(9) Survey Recording Act: The law as established and designated in chapter 58.09 RCW.
(10) Washington coordinate system: The system of plane coordinates as established and designated by chapter 58.20 RCW.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 58.09.050 and 58.24.040(1). 92-03-007 (Order 597), § 332-130-020, filed 1/3/92, effective 2/3/92. Statutory Authority: RCW 58.24.040(1). 91-19-013 (Order 581), § 332-130-020, filed 9/9/91, effective 10/10/91; 89-11-028 (Order 561), § 332-130-020, filed 5/11/89; Order 275, § 332-130-020, filed 5/2/77.]
(1))) The datum for the horizontal control network in
Washington shall be NAD83 (( (1991))) as officially adjusted
and published by the National Geodetic Survey of the United
States Department of Commerce or as established in accordance
with chapter 58.20 RCW. The datum (( adjustment)) tag and
coordinate epoch date (if pertinent) shall be (( identified))
reported on all (( geodetic control referenced)) documents
prepared, which show local geodetic control; (( i.e.)) e.g.,
NAD83 (1991), NAD83 (CORS) (2002.00), NAD83 (NSRS) (2005.50)
and other future standards. (2) Horizontal and vertical control work must meet or
exceed those accuracy and specification standards as published
by the Federal Geodetic Control Committee, September 1984, in
the bulletin titled, "Standards and Specifications for
Geodetic Control Networks" or any subsequently published
bulletins modifying such class standards. The class of
control surveys shall be shown on documents prepared.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 58.24.040(1). 91-19-013 (Order 581), § 332-130-060, filed 9/9/91, effective 10/10/91; 89-11-028 (Order 561), § 332-130-060, filed 5/11/89; Order 275, § 332-130-060, filed 5/2/77.]
Reviser's note: The typographical error in the above section occurred in the copy filed by the agency and appears in the Register pursuant to the requirements of RCW 34.08.040.
Reviser's note: RCW 34.05.395 requires the use of underlining and deletion marks to indicate amendments to existing rules. The rule published above varies from its predecessor in certain respects not indicated by the use of these markings.
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending Order 568, filed 3/1/90, effective 4/1/90)
WAC 332-130-070 Land boundary survey standards. The following standards shall apply to land boundary surveys:
(1) The accuracy or precision of field work may be determined and reported by either relative accuracy procedures or field traverse standards, provided that the final result shall meet or exceed the standards contained in WAC 332-130-090.
(2) The datum when using the Washington Coordinate System shall be NAD83 as officially adjusted and published by the National Geodetic Survey of the United States Department of Commerce or as established in accordance with chapter 58.20 RCW. The datum tag and the coordinate epoch date (if pertinent) shall be reported on all documents prepared which reference the Washington Coordinate System, e.g., NAD83 (1991), NAD83 (CORS) (2002.00), NAD83 (NSRS) (2005.50) and other future standards.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 58.24.040(1). 90-06-028 (Order 568), § 332-130-070, filed 3/1/90, effective 4/1/90; 89-11-028 (Order 561), § 332-130-070, filed 5/11/89; Order 275, § 332-130-070, filed 5/2/77.]