SOCIAL AND HEALTH SERVICES
(Medical Assistance Administration)
Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 04-12-094.
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: Chapter 388-532 WAC, Reproductive health/family planning only/TAKE CHARGE.
Hearing Location(s): Blake Office Park East (behind Goodyear Courtesy Tire), Rose Room, 4500 10th Avenue S.E., Lacey, WA, on August 23, 2005, at 10:00 a.m.
Date of Intended Adoption: Not sooner than August 23, 2005.
Submit Written Comments to: DSHS Rules Coordinator, P.O. Box 45850, Olympia, WA 98504, delivery 4500 10th Avenue S.E., Lacey, WA, e-mail email@example.com, fax (360) 664-6185, by 5:00 p.m., August 23, 2005.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Stephanie Schiller, DSHS Rules Consultant, by August 19, 2005, TTY (360) 664-6178 or (360) 664-6097 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules:
• Add a new section on reproductive health;
• Clarify who is eligible for family planning only and TAKE CHARGE;
• Clarify provider requirements for reproductive health, family planning only, and TAKE CHARGE;
• Clarify when services are covered under family planning only and TAKE CHARGE (example: Must be performed in relation to a primary focus and diagnosis of family planning and must be medically necessary for the client to safely, effectively, and successfully use, or continue to use, their chosen contraceptive method);
• Clarify which services are covered under TAKE CHARGE;
• Clarify reimbursement for covered drugs, drug supplies, and devices under reproductive health, family planning only, and TAKE CHARGE;
• Add definition for ECRR services;
• Clarify documentation requirements for TAKE CHARGE; and
• Clarify when TAKE CHARGE providers are exempt from billing third party.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: See above.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 74.08.090, 74.09.520, and 74.09.800.
Statute Being Implemented: RCW 74.09.800.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: Department of Social and Health Services, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting: Wendy L. Boedigheimer, P.O. Box 45533, Olympia, WA 98504-5533, (360) 725-1306; Implementation and Enforcement: Casey Zimmer, (360) 725-1664/Maureen Considine, (360) 725-1652, P.O. Box 45530, Olympia, WA 98504-5530.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. The department has determined that the proposed rule will not create more than minor costs for affected small businesses.
A cost-benefit analysis is required under RCW 34.05.328. A preliminary cost-benefit analysis may be obtained by contacting Casey Zimmer/Maureen Considine, Division of Program Support, P.O. Box 45530, Olympia, WA 98504-5530, phone (360) 725-1664/(360) 725-1652, e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 27, 2005
Andy Fernando, Manager
Rules and Policies Assistance Unit
Reviser's note: The material contained in this filing exceeded the page-count limitations of WAC 1-21-040 for appearance in this issue of the Register. It will appear in the 05-15 issue of the Register.