FISH AND WILDLIFE
Purpose: Amend commercial fishing rules.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Repealing WAC 220-33-01000E; and amending WAC 220-33-010.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 77.12.047.
Under RCW 34.05.350 the agency for good cause finds that immediate adoption, amendment, or repeal of a rule is necessary for the preservation of the public health, safety, or general welfare, and that observing the time requirements of notice and opportunity to comment upon adoption of a permanent rule would be contrary to the public interest.
Reasons for this Finding: Sets a fourth commercial fishing period for the summer season. Harvestable upper Columbia summer chinook and sturgeon are available. Season is consistent with the 2005-2007 interim management agreement and the 2003-2005 sturgeon fishery management plan. Regulation is consistent with compact action of January 28, 2005, and July 8, 2005. There is insufficient time to promulgate permanent rules.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 1, Amended 0, Repealed 1.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: July 8, 2005.
J. P. Koenings
by Larry Peck
1. AREA: SMCRA 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, and 1E
2. SEASON: 7:00 p.m. Monday July 11 to 5:00 a.m. Tuesday July 12, 2005
3. GEAR: 8-inch minimum mesh and 9-3/4 inch maximum mesh
4. ALLOWABLE SALE: Chinook, coho, shad, and sturgeon. All sockeye and steelhead must be released immediately. A maximum of eight sturgeon may be possessed or sold by each participating vessel during each calendar week (Sunday through Saturday) that the fishery is open. The eight sturgeon possession/sales limit includes both mainstem and Select Area fisheries.
5. SANCTUARIES: Grays River, Elokomin-A, Cowlitz River, Kalama-A, Lewis-A, Washougal and Sandy Rivers.
6. OTHER: Quick reporting required for Washington wholesale dealers, WAC 220-69-240.
7. MISCELLANEOUS: As a condition of fishing, owners or operators of commercial fishing vessels must cooperate with Department observers or observers collecting data for the Department, when notified by the observer of their intent to board the commercial vessel for observation and sampling during an open fishery.
The following section of the Washington Administrative Code is repealed effective 5:01 a.m. July 12, 2005:
|WAC 220-33-01000E||Columbia River season below Bonneville.|