Exempt from preproposal statement of inquiry under RCW 34.05.310(4).
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: WAC 357-07-065 How is the department of personnel organized?
Hearing Location(s): Department of Personnel, Classroom #4, 600 South Franklin, Olympia, WA, on January 12, 2006, at 10:00 a.m.
Date of Intended Adoption: January 12, 2006.
Submit Written Comments to: Sandi Stewart, Department of Personnel, P.O. Box 47500, fax (360) 586-4694, by January 6, 2006. FOR DOP TRACKING PURPOSES PLEASE NOTE ON SUBMITTED COMMENTS "FORMAL COMMENT."
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Department of Personnel by January 6, 2006, TTY (360) 753-4107 or (360) 586-8260.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: The modification to this rule adds the director's reviews and appeal services as part of the Department of Personnel's organization.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: Chapter 41.06 RCW.
Statute Being Implemented: RCW 41.06.150.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Agency Comments or Recommendations, if any, as to Statutory Language, Implementation, Enforcement, and Fiscal Matters: This modification recognizes director's review and appeal services as a part of the Department of Personnel's organization.
Name of Proponent: Department of Personnel, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting: Sandi Stewart, 521 Capitol Way South, Olympia, WA, (360) 664-6324; Implementation and Enforcement: Department of Personnel.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. Not required.
A cost-benefit analysis is not required under RCW 34.05.328.
December 6, 2005
M. P. Sellars
for Eva N. Santos
(1) Personnel services which provides consultation and services related to recruitment, assessment, affirmative action, salary surveys, compensation plan administration, and classification to state agencies, institutions of higher education, and related higher education boards.
(2) Human resource development services (located at 600 South Franklin Street, Olympia, Washington) which provides consultation on human resource development activities to agencies, training which is interagency in scope, and guidelines for agency planning and evaluation of human resource development.
(3) Administrative services which provides departmental fiscal management, facilities, agency personnel services, affirmative action, client relations, and labor relations services. Within the administrative division, the employee advisory service offices are at the following locations: 3400 Capitol Boulevard, Olympia, Washington; 613 - 19th Avenue E., Suite 101, Seattle, Washington; and at Suite 604, Northtown Office Building, Spokane, Washington.
(4) Client and employee relations services which provides general human resource consulting services and organizational development services.
(5) Director's review and appeal services (located at 2828 Capitol Boulevard, Olympia, Washington) which processes and adjudicates requests for director's reviews and provides administrative support for Personnel Resources Board appeals.
(5))) (6) Human resources information services (located
at Building #1, Rowesix, 4224 6th Avenue, Lacey, Washington)
which administers the central personnel/payroll and insurance
eligibility computer systems.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 41.06 RCW. 05-01-202, § 357-07-065, filed 12/21/04, effective 7/1/05.]