POLLUTION CONTROL AUTHORITY
Effective Date of Rule: Immediately.
Purpose: Clarifies registration requirements in SCAPCA Regulation I, Section 4.02; general "house-keeping" of definitions in Section 10.01; establishes a fee if registration information is not submitted within forty-five days in Section 10.02; and amends existing timeline for fees additional fees assessed pursuant to Article X in Section 10.02.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending SCAPCA Regulation I, Section 4.02.A-C and SCAPCA Regulation I, Section 10.01-10.02.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 70.94.141(1), 70.94.151 (1) and (2), 70.94.380, and 70.94.431(7).
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 07-01-075 on December 18, 2006.
A final cost-benefit analysis is available by contacting Matt Holmquist, 1101 West College Avenue, Suite 403, Spokane, WA 99201, phone (509) 477-4727, fax (509) 477-6828, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 3, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: February 1, 2007.
Compliance AdministratorAMENDATORY SECTION
SCAPCA Regulation I, Article X, Section 4.02
SECTION 4.02 GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION
A. Registration Responsibility.
The owner, operator, or a designated agent of a
stationary source, shall register said stationary source,
except those stationary sources exempted under Section 4.03 of
this Article, by obtaining proper ((
using)) forms (( furnished
by)) from the Authority or using an alternative to forms when
required by the Authority. The owner and operator of the
stationary source are responsible for registration and for
timely submitting accurate and complete registration
B. Registration Information.
The owner, operator, or designated agent shall register each emissions unit, including quantifiable fugitive air emissions, located at the stationary source. The owner, operator, or designated agent shall provide information to the Authority, as may be required by the Authority, concerning location, size, and height of air contaminant outlets, processes employed, nature of the air contaminant emission, and such other information, as is relevant to air pollution. The owner, operator, or designated agent shall submit updated registration information at least annually as required by the Authority, using forms provided by the Authority unless the Authority provides in writing an alternative format or requires an alternate method of reporting registration information. The forms provided by the Authority shall be completed and returned to the Authority within 45 days.
The owner, operator, or the designated agent for such owner or operator shall sign each registration form unless the Authority provides in writing an alternative format or requires an alternate method of reporting registration information verifying that the information on the form is to his or her knowledge, complete and accurate.
D. Reporting requirements for transfer or change of ownership of registered stationary sources.
1. The new owner or operator, that assumes ownership and/or operational control of a registered stationary source, shall report any change of ownership or change of operator to the Authority, within ninety (90) days of completing transfer of ownership and/or assuming operational control. The new owner or operator shall report the change on "Change of Ownership Forms" provided by the Authority. The report shall contain the following information:
a. Legal name of the company prior to transfer;
b. Site address;
c. Previous owner's name;
d. New legal name of company (if different)
e. New owner's name;
f. New owner's mailing address;
g. New owner's phone number;
h. Effective date of the transfer;
i. Description of the affected emission units; and
j. New owner's or responsible agent's signature.
2. Any liability for fee payment, including payment of delinquent fees and other penalties shall survive any transfer of ownership of a stationary source.
E. Reporting requirements for permanent shutdown of registered stationary sources.
1. The owner or operator shall file a "Source Closure Notification Form" with the Authority within ninety (90) days after the owner or operator determines that operations, producing air contaminant emissions, have permanently ceased. The report shall contain the following information:
a. Legal name of the company prior to closure or shutdown;
b. Stationary source address;
c. Effective date of the stationary source closure or emissions unit shutdown;
d. Description of the affected emission units; and
e. Owner's or responsible agent's signature.
2. In the event of a permanent closure, process and pollution control equipment may remain in place and on site, but shall be configured such that the equipment or processes are incapable of generating emissions to the atmosphere (e.g. disconnection of power to equipment, mechanical positioning that inhibits processing; placing of padlocks on equipment to prevent operation).
F. New Sources.
1. The owner or operator of a stationary source shall file a Notice of Construction and Application for Approval, in accordance with Article V of this Regulation, prior to establishing any new or modified stationary source. An approved Notice of Construction and Application for Approval suffices to meet the initial requirement to register the stationary source. Registration information shall be updated annually thereafter.
2. Prior to re-opening a closed stationary source, or establishing a new source at a site for which the Authority has received a "Source Closure Notification Form", the proponent shall contact the Authority for a determination as to whether a Notice of Construction and Application for Approval must be filed with, and approved by, the Control Officer, per the requirements of Article V of this Regulation, prior to operation.
SCAPCA Regulation I, Article X, Section 10.01
SECTION 10.01 DEFINITIONS
Unless a different meaning is clearly required by context, words and phrases used in this article shall have the following meaning:
A. Air Operating Permit Source means any facility
required to have an operating permit pursuant to Chapter 173-401 WAC.))
B)) A. Emission Fee means the component of a
registration fee or operating permit fee, which is based on
total actual annual emissions of criteria and toxic air
pollutants, except as provided in Section 10.02.B. In the
case of a new or modified source or a source being registered
initially, the emission fee is based on projected emissions as
presented in an approved Notice of Construction or
C)) B. Registration Period means the calendar year for
which an annual fee has been assessed pursuant to Section
10.06.B.1. (( or 10.06.B.2.))
D. Significant Emissions, for the purposes of this
Article, means the same, as defined in Article I, Section
1.04, of this Regulation.))
SCAPCA Regulation I, Article X, Section 10.02
SECTION 10.02 FEES AND CHARGES REQUIRED
A. Registration information not submitted within 45 days pursuant to Section 4.02.
If registration information is submitted after 45 days, a processing fee of $100 shall be added to the registration fee invoice.
B. Method of calculating registration fees in Section 10.06 when registration information required in Section 4.02 is not submitted within 90 days.
Any owner, operator, or designated agent that fails to submit registration information to the Authority within 90 days of the registration information request issue date or prior to the registration fee invoice date, whichever is later, shall be assumed to be operating at the source's maximum potential production rate and the registration fee specified in Section 10.06 will be assessed on that basis.
A)) C. Additional fee for failure to pay any fee within
90 days of assessment.
Any fee assessed pursuant to Article X shall be paid
30)) 45 days of assessment. Any person who is more
than (( 90)) 45 days late (i.e., more than 90 days from
assessment) with such payment shall pay an (( penalty))
additional fee equal to three times the amount of the original
B)) D. Revenues collected pursuant to RCW 70.94.161.
Revenues collected pursuant to RCW 70.94.161 shall be deposited in the operating permit program dedicated account and shall be used exclusively for the program.