FISH AND WILDLIFE
Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: This rule changes the application period of the department's ALEA grant program from January 2 - March 31 to December 1 - February 28.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 220-130-040 (Amending Order 03-306, filed 12/11/03, effective 1/11/04).
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 77.12.047.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 07-18-070 on September 4, 2007.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: November 3, 2007.
for Jerry Gutzwiler, Chair
Fish and Wildlife Commission
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending Order 03-306, filed 12/11/03, effective 1/11/04)
WAC 220-130-040 Review and selection process. (1) The application method is on application forms provided by the department specifically for this purpose. Application forms will be available by request from the Olympia headquarters and at all regional offices of the department.
(2) Applications for projects will be accepted each year
during the open application period of ((
January 2 through
March 31)) December 1 through February 28.
(a) Applications accepted prior to the start of a biennium may be for project funding for one or both years of the ensuing biennium.
(b) Applications accepted during the first year of a biennium will be for project funding in the second year of a biennium.
(3) The funding decision deadline is May 31 of the year of application.
(4) Exceptions to the funding deadline dates will only be allowed in the event of applications for volunteer projects which are responsive to an emergency situation which may arise and which has been declared to be an emergency by the director.
(5) The department will send each applicant, within forty-five days of receipt of each application, a written acknowledgment of the receipt of the application and give the applicant an estimated date when notification of acceptance or rejection of the proposal can be expected. The written acknowledgment will also provide the department's selection criteria and a general description of the review and selection process. Final decisions and notification of acceptance or rejection of proposals where funding is requested will be made only after the biennial budget is passed by the legislature and signed by the governor.
(6) The department will determine when a proposed project might affect the management programs of federal, other state, and local agencies and of treaty tribes and will make contact with these entities, when the department determines that it is appropriate to do so, during the review and selection process. If the department determines that ongoing coordination between a volunteer group and another agency or tribe would be appropriate, it may be required as a condition of the agreement, when issued.
(7) The department may provide suggested modifications to the proposal which would increase its likelihood of approval together with the name and telephone number of the person within the department responsible for monitoring the review of the proposal.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 77.12.047. 04-01-055 (Order 03-306), § 220-130-040, filed 12/11/03, effective 1/11/04. Statutory Authority: RCW 75.08.080. 00-02-048 (Order 99-235), § 220-130-040, filed 12/30/99, effective 1/30/00. Statutory Authority: RCW 75.08.080 and 75.52.050. 99-11-004 (Order 99-44), § 220-130-040, filed 5/6/99, effective 6/6/99. Statutory Authority: RCW 75.08.080. 85-04-045 (Order 85-07), § 220-130-040, filed 2/1/85.]