Effective Date of Rule: December 11, 2007.
Purpose: The change in WAC 357-07-065 amends the locations, titles, and duties of the department of personnel's various divisions.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 357-07-065.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: Chapter 41.06 RCW.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 07-20-093 on October 2, 2007.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: November 8, 2007.
Eva N. Santos
(1) Personnel services: Provides consultation and services related to recruitment, assessment, affirmative action, human resources, salary surveys, compensation plan administration, and classification to state agencies, institutions of higher education, and related higher education boards.
(2) Organization and employee development services
(located at 600 South Franklin Street, Olympia, Washington):
Provides consultation on human resource development
activities to agencies, training which is interagency in
scope, and guidelines for agency planning and evaluation of
human resource development.)) Provides organizational,
management, and employee development services to all state
(3) Administrative services: Provides support services
for facilities and supplies, financial services including
payroll and travel, duplicating and mailroom services,
combined fund drive, forms and records management,
administration of agency and statewide master contracts, and
administers the statewide employee survey. Within the
administrative division, the employee ((
(EAS))) assistance program (EAP) helps with personal or work
related problems affecting work performance. EAP offices are
at the following locations: (( 3400 Capitol Boulevard,)) 1222
State Ave NE, Suite 201, Olympia, Washington; (( 613 - 19th
Avenue E., Suite 101,)) 701 Dexter Ave. N. #108, Seattle,
Washington; and at Suite 604, Northtown Office Building,
(4) Legal affairs: Provides affirmative action consultation, rule interpretation, labor/employment discrimination guidance, legislative services and responds to requests for public records. Provides director's review and appeal services (located at 2828 Capitol Blvd., Olympia, Washington), processes and adjudicates requests for director's reviews and provides administrative support for personnel resources board appeals.
(5) Director's office: Provides agency leadership, internal human resources, planning and performance, communication services, and operational support.
Human resources i)) Information services (located
at Building #1, Rowesix, 4224 6th Avenue, Lacey, Washington):
(( Administers the central personnel/payroll and insurance
eligibility computer systems.)) Administers all central
statewide technology systems supporting human resources
[Statutory Authority: [Chapter 41.06 RCW.] 06-19-064, § 357-07-065, filed 9/19/06, effective 10/20/06; 05-01-202, § 357-07-065, filed 12/21/04, effective 7/1/05.]
Reviser's note: RCW 34.05.395 requires the use of underlining and deletion marks to indicate amendments to existing rules. The rule published above varies from its predecessor in certain respects not indicated by the use of these markings.