Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: The purpose of this proposal is to update its rule relating to commission name, physical address, meeting dates, and update the references to chapter 1, Laws of 1973 to chapter 42.56 RCW (legislature recodified the public record law as chapter 42.56 RCW).
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 322-12-010, 322-12-020, 322-12-030, 322-12-040, 322-12-060, 322-12-070, 322-12-090, 322-12-110, 322-12-150, and 322-12-160.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 43.115.040.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 08-01-099 on December 18, 2007.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 9, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: March 5, 2008.
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending Order 4, filed 2/2/87)
WAC 322-12-010 Establishing regular meetings. Pursuant to section 7, chapter 250, Laws of 1971 ex. sess., and RCW 42.30.070, regular meetings of the commission on ((
Mexican-American)) Hispanic affairs shall be (( held on the
second Saturday of every other month, beginning at 10:00
a.m.)) six public meetings, provided there are sufficient
funds in the commission's budget. Such meetings shall be held
at a place designated by the chairman of the commission.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.115.040. 87-04-035 (Order 4), § 322-12-010, filed 2/2/87; Order 1, § 322-12-010, filed 12/9/74.]
[Order 1, § 322-12-020, filed 12/9/74.]
(2) "Writing" means handwriting, typewriting, printing, photostating, photographing, and every other means of recording any form of communication or representation, including letters, words, pictures, sounds, or symbols, or combination thereof, and all papers, maps, magnetic or paper tapes, photographic films and prints, magnetic or punched cards, discs, drums, and other documents.
(3) The commission on ((
affairs is an eleven member commission appointed by the
governor with the consent of the senate. The commission on
(( Mexican-American)) Hispanic affairs shall hereinafter be
referred to as the commission. When appropriate, the term
commission also refers to the staff and employees of the
[Order 1, § 322-12-030, filed 12/9/74.]
[Order 1, § 322-12-040, filed 12/9/74.]
[Order 1, § 322-12-060, filed 12/9/74.]
[Order 1, § 322-12-070, filed 12/9/74.]
(1) A request shall be made in writing upon a form prescribed by the commission which shall be available at its administrative office. The form shall be presented to the public records officer or to any member of the commission's staff, if the public records officer is not available, at the administrative office of the commission during customary office hours. The request shall include the following information:
(a) The name of the person requesting the record;
(b) The time of day and calendar date on which the request was made;
(c) The nature of the request;
(d) If the matter requested is referenced within the current index maintained by the records officer, a reference to the requested records as it is described in such current index;
(e) If the requested matter is not identifiable by reference to the commission's current index, an appropriate description of the record requested.
(2) In all cases in which a member of the public is making a request, it shall be the obligation of the public records officer or staff member to whom the request is made to assist the member of the public in appropriately identifying the public records requested.
[Order 1, § 322-12-090, filed 12/9/74.]
(2) In addition, pursuant to ((
section 26, chapter 1,
Laws of 1973)) chapter 42.56 RCW, the commission reserves the
right to delete identifying details when it makes available or
publishes any public record, in any cases when there is reason
to believe that disclosure of such details would be an
invasion of personal privacy protected by chapter (( 1, Laws of
1973)) 42.56 RCW. The public records office will fully
justify such deletion in writing.
(3) All denials of requests for public records must be accompanied by a written statement specifying the reasons for the denial, including a statement of the specific exemption authorizing the withholding of the record and a brief explanation of how the exemption applies to the record withheld.
[Order 1, § 322-12-110, filed 12/9/74.]
[Order 1, § 322-12-150, filed 12/9/74.]
We have received your request for copies of our public records. Please complete the form on the right and return it with the amount required. We will forward the requested copies to you as soon as we receive this form.
Commission on ((
American)) Hispanic Affairs
1522 South Cherry))
210 11th Avenue S.W., Suite 301A
Olympia, WA 98504-0924
Mexican-American)) Hispanic Affairs
[Order 1, § 322-12-160 and form, filed 12/9/74.]