Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 06-23-142.
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: WAC 181-77-005 Types of career and technical education certificates and 181-77-068 Requirements for coordinator of work-based learning initial or continuing certificates.
Hearing Location(s): Coast Wenatchee Center Hotel, 201 North Wenatchee Avenue, Wenatchee, WA 98801, on May 21, 2008, at 8:30 a.m.
Date of Intended Adoption: May 21, 2008.
Submit Written Comments to: Nasue Nishida, P.O. Box 47236, Olympia, 98504, e-mail email@example.com, fax (360) 586-4548, by May 10, 2008.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Nasue Nishida by May 10, 2008, TTY (360) 664-3631 or (360) 725-6238.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: Changes references of "work-based" to "worksite" and "diversified occupations" to "career choices." It also combines the business endorsement and marketing endorsement to be business and marketing endorsement. These name changes better reflect school district language.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 28A.410.210 and 28A.410.010.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: Professional educator standards board, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting, Implementation and Enforcement: Nasue Nishida, P.O. Box 42736, Olympia, WA 98504, (360) 725-6238.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. The proposed amendment does not have an impact on small business and therefore does not meet the requirements for a statement under RCW 19.85.030 (1) or (2).
A cost-benefit analysis is required under RCW 34.05.328. A preliminary cost-benefit analysis may be obtained by contacting Nasue Nishida, P.O. Box 47236, phone (360) 725-6238, fax (360) 586-4548, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 27, 2008
Policy and Research Analyst
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 06-14-010, filed 6/22/06, effective 7/23/06)
WAC 181-77-005 Types of career and technical education certificates. The following types of certificates shall be issued:
(1) Teacher. The teacher certificate authorizes service as a teacher in the school district(s) or skills center(s) and shall be issued in one of the following categories and/or in a specific subcategory of the major category as approved by the professional educator standards board and/or its designee:
(a) Agriculture education;
(b) Business and marketing education;
(d))) Family and consumer sciences education;
(e))) (d) Technology education;
(f))) (e) Trade and industrial;
(g))) (f) Health occupations;
(h) Diversified occupations;)) (g) Career choices;
(i))) (h) Coordinator for (( work-based)) worksite
(j))) (i) New and emerging fields;
(2) Director. The director certificate authorizes service as a career and technical education director, as an assistant director, or as a career and technical education supervisor in the school district(s) or skills center(s);
(3) Counselor. The career and technical education counselor certificate authorizes service in the role of career and technical education guidance and counseling;
(4) Occupational information specialist. The occupational information specialist certificate authorizes service in the role as an occupational information specialist.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.410.210. 06-14-010, § 181-77-005, filed 6/22/06, effective 7/23/06. 06-02-051, recodified as § 181-77-005, filed 12/29/05, effective 1/1/06. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.410.010 and 28A.305.130 (1) through (4). 02-04-018, § 180-77-005, filed 1/24/02, effective 2/24/02. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.410.010. 95-12-056, § 180-77-005, filed 6/2/95, effective 7/3/95. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.70.005. 78-10-003 (Order 11-78), § 180-77-005, filed 9/7/78.]
(1) Possess a valid initial or continuing career and technical education teaching certificate; and
(2) Successfully demonstrate competencies related to coordination techniques as verified by a professional educator standards board approved program.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.410.210. 06-14-010, § 181-77-068, filed 6/22/06, effective 7/23/06. 06-02-051, recodified as § 181-77-068, filed 12/29/05, effective 1/1/06. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.410.010 and 28A.305.130 (1) through (4). 03-14-119, § 180-77-068, filed 6/30/03, effective 7/31/03; 02-04-018, § 180-77-068, filed 1/24/02, effective 2/24/02. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.410.010. 95-12-056, § 180-77-068, filed 6/2/95, effective 7/3/95.]