SOCIAL AND HEALTH SERVICES
(Health and Recovery Services Administration)
Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 07-08-094.
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: The department is amending WAC 388-406-0010 How do I apply for benefits?
Hearing Location(s): Blake Office Park East, Rose Room, 4500 10th Avenue S.E., Lacey, WA 98503 (one block north of the intersection of Pacific Avenue S.E. and Alhadeff Lane. A map or directions are available at http://www1.dshs.wa.gov/msa/rpau/docket.html or by calling (360) 664-6097), on May 27, 2008, at 10:00 a.m.
Date of Intended Adoption: Not sooner than May 28, 2008.
Submit Written Comments to: DSHS Rules Coordinator, P.O. Box 45850, Olympia, WA 98504, delivery 4500 10th Avenue S.E., Lacey, WA 98503, e-mail email@example.com, fax (360) 664-6185, by 5 p.m. on May 27, 2008.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Jennisha Johnson, DSHS rules consultant, by May 20, 2008, TTY (360) 664-6178 or (360) 664-6097 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: This rule is being amended to clarify the signature requirements on applications for medical assistance for children and pregnant women.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: To be in compliance with federal standards.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.057, 74.08.090.
Statute Being Implemented: RCW 74.04.050.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: Department of social and health services, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting: Wendy Boedigheimer, P.O. Box 45504, Olympia, WA 98504-5504, (360) 725-1306; Implementation and Enforcement: Mary Beth Ingram, P.O. Box 45534, Olympia, WA 98504-5534, (360) 725-1327.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. The department has analyzed the rules and determined that no new costs will be imposed on small businesses or nonprofit organization.
A cost-benefit analysis is not required under RCW 34.05.328. Rules relating only to client medical or financial eligibility are exempt per RCW 34.05.328 (5)(b)(vii).
April 15, 2008
Stephanie E. Schiller
(2) If your entire assistance unit (AU) gets or is applying for Supplemental Security Income (SSI), your AU can file an application for Basic Food at the local Social Security administration district office (SSADO).
(3) If you are incapacitated, a dependent child, or cannot apply for benefits on your own for some other reason, a legal guardian, caretaker, or authorized representative can apply for you.
(4) You can apply for cash assistance, medical assistance, or Basic Food with just one application form.
(5) If you apply for benefits at a local office, we accept your application on the same day you come in. If you apply at an office that does not serve the area where you live, we send your application to the appropriate office by the next business day so that office receives your application on the same day we send it.
(6) We accept your application for benefits if it has at least:
(a) For cash ((
or)) and medical assistance combined, the
name, address, and signatures of the responsible adult AU
members or person applying for you. A minor child may sign if
there is no adult in the AU. Signatures must be (( either))
handwritten, electronic or digital as defined by the
department, or a mark if witnessed by another person(( ; or)).
(b) For medical assistance only, the name, address, and signature of the applicant and applicant's spouse, if any, or in the case of an application for children's medical with caretaker adults in the household, the signature of a caretaker adult member of the household.
(c) For Basic Food, the name, address, and signature of a responsible member of your AU or person applying for you as an authorized representative under WAC 388-460-0005.
(7) As a part of the application process, we may require you to:
(a) Complete an interview if one is required under WAC 388-452-0005;
(b) Meet WorkFirst participation requirements for four weeks in a row if required under WAC 388-310-1600(12);
(c) Give us the information we need to decide if you are eligible as required under WAC 388-406-0030; and
(d) Give us proof of information as required under WAC 388-490-0005 so we can determine if you are eligible.
(8) If you are eligible for necessary supplemental accommodation (NSA) services under chapter 388-472 WAC, we help you meet the requirements of this section.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.08.090, and chapter 74.08A RCW. 06-10-034, § 388-406-0010, filed 4/27/06, effective 6/1/06. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.04.510. 03-22-039, § 388-406-0010, filed 10/28/03, effective 12/1/03. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.04.510, and 74.08.090. 02-11-137, § 388-406-0010, filed 5/21/02, effective 7/1/02. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057 and 74.08.090. 98-16-044, § 388-406-0010, filed 7/31/98, effective 9/1/98. Formerly WAC 388-504-0405.]