SOCIAL AND HEALTH SERVICES
(Health and Recovery Services Administration)
Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: This rule is being amended to clarify the signature requirements on applications for medical assistance for children and pregnant women.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 388-406-0010.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.057, 74.08.090.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 08-09-154 on April 23, 2008.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: July 9, 2008.
Stephanie E. Schiller
(2) If your entire assistance unit (AU) gets or is applying for Supplemental Security Income (SSI), your AU can file an application for Basic Food at the local Social Security administration district office (SSADO).
(3) If you are incapacitated, a dependent child, or cannot apply for benefits on your own for some other reason, a legal guardian, caretaker, or authorized representative can apply for you.
(4) You can apply for cash assistance, medical assistance, or Basic Food with just one application form.
(5) If you apply for benefits at a local office, we accept your application on the same day you come in. If you apply at an office that does not serve the area where you live, we send your application to the appropriate office by the next business day so that office receives your application on the same day we send it.
(6) We accept your application for benefits if it has at least:
(a) For cash ((
or)) and medical assistance combined, the
name, address, and signatures of the responsible adult AU
members or person applying for you. A minor child may sign if
there is no adult in the AU. Signatures must be (( either))
handwritten, electronic or digital as defined by the
department, or a mark if witnessed by another person(( ; or)).
(b) For medical assistance only, the name, address, and signature of the applicant and applicant's spouse or other responsible adult person in the household, if any. In the case of an application for children's medical with caretaker adults in the household, the signature of a caretaker adult member of the household.
(c) For Basic Food, the name, address, and signature of a responsible member of your AU or person applying for you as an authorized representative under WAC 388-460-0005.
(7) As a part of the application process, we may require you to:
(a) Complete an interview if one is required under WAC 388-452-0005;
(b) Meet WorkFirst participation requirements for four weeks in a row if required under WAC 388-310-1600(12);
(c) Give us the information we need to decide if you are eligible as required under WAC 388-406-0030; and
(d) Give us proof of information as required under WAC 388-490-0005 so we can determine if you are eligible.
(8) If you are eligible for necessary supplemental accommodation (NSA) services under chapter 388-472 WAC, we help you meet the requirements of this section.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.08.090, and chapter 74.08A RCW. 06-10-034, § 388-406-0010, filed 4/27/06, effective 6/1/06. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.04.510. 03-22-039, § 388-406-0010, filed 10/28/03, effective 12/1/03. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.04.510, and 74.08.090. 02-11-137, § 388-406-0010, filed 5/21/02, effective 7/1/02. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057 and 74.08.090. 98-16-044, § 388-406-0010, filed 7/31/98, effective 9/1/98. Formerly WAC 388-504-0405.]