Effective Date of Rule: July 1, 2009.
Purpose: The proposal creates WAC 332-130-110 Redundancy standards and amends WAC 332-130-020 Definitions.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 332-130-020.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 58.24.030, 58.24.040, 58.09.050, and 58.17.160.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 08-19-064 on September 15, 2008.
A final cost-benefit analysis is available by contacting Gwen Roy, PLS, 1111 Washington Street S.E., P.O. Box 47030, Olympia, WA 98504-7030, phone (360) 902-1181, fax (360) 902-1191, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 1, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 1, Amended 1, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Craig Partridge, Acting
for Bonnie B. Bunning
Deputy Supervisor of
Policy and Administration
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 05-13-104, filed 6/17/05, effective 7/18/05)
WAC 332-130-020 Definitions. The following definitions shall apply to this chapter:
(1) Local geodetic control surveys: Surveys for the specific purpose of establishing control points for extending the National Geodetic Survey horizontal and vertical control nets, also known as the National Spatial Reference System (NSRS), but not submitted to the National Geodetic Survey for inclusion in the NSRS.
(2) GLO and BLM: The General Land Office and its successor, the Bureau of Land Management.
(3) Land boundary surveys: All surveys, whether made by individuals, entities or public bodies of whatever nature, for the specific purpose of establishing, reestablishing, laying out, subdividing, defining, locating and/or monumenting the vertical or horizontal boundary of any easement, right of way, lot, tract, or parcel of real property or which reestablishes or restores General Land Office or Bureau of Land Management survey corners.
(4) Land corner record: The record of corner information form as prescribed by the department of natural resources in WAC 332-130-025.
(5) Land description: A description of real property or of rights associated with real property.
(6) Land surveyor: Any person authorized to practice the profession of land surveying under the provisions of chapter 18.43 RCW.
(7) Measurement redundancy: To perform sufficient measurements to reduce or isolate blunders and statistically improve measurement accuracy.
(8) NAD83: North American Datum of 1983 as designated by chapter 58.20 RCW.
(8))) (9) Parcel: A part or portion of real property
including but not limited to GLO and BLM segregations,
easements, rights of way, aliquot parts of sections or tracts.
(9))) (10) Survey Recording Act: The law as
established and designated in chapter 58.09 RCW.
(10))) (11) Washington coordinate system: The system
of plane coordinates as established and designated by chapter 58.20 RCW.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 58.24 RCW. 05-13-104, § 332-130-020, filed 6/17/05, effective 7/18/05. Statutory Authority: RCW 58.09.050 and 58.24.040(1). 92-03-007 (Order 597), § 332-130-020, filed 1/3/92, effective 2/3/92. Statutory Authority: RCW 58.24.040(1). 91-19-013 (Order 581), § 332-130-020, filed 9/9/91, effective 10/10/91; 89-11-028 (Order 561), § 332-130-020, filed 5/11/89; Order 275, § 332-130-020, filed 5/2/77.]
All land surveys shall contain procedures, measurement redundancy, and closure checks sufficient to detect errors and blunders and to ensure that the survey standards, chapter 332-130 WAC have been met.