SOCIAL AND HEALTH SERVICES
(Aging and Disability Services Administration)
Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 09-08-052.
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: The department is amending WAC 388-515-1507 What are the financial requirements for home and community based (HCB) services when you are eligible for a noninstitutional categorically needy (CN) medicaid program?
Hearing Location(s): Blake Office Park East, Rose Room, 4500 10th Avenue S.E., Lacey, WA 98503 (one block north of the intersection of Pacific Avenue S.E. and Alhadeff Lane. A map or directions are available at http://www.dshs.wa.gov/msa/rpau/docket.html or by calling (360) 664-6094), on June 23, 2009, at 10:00 a.m.
Date of Intended Adoption: Not earlier than June 24, 2009.
Submit Written Comments to: DSHS Rules Coordinator, P.O. Box 45850, Olympia, WA 98504-5850, delivery 4500 10th Avenue S.E., Lacey, WA 98503, e-mail DSHSRPAURulesCoordinator@dshs.wa.gov, fax (360) 664-6185, by 5 p.m. on June 23, 2009.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Jennisha Johnson, DSHS rules consultant, by June 9, 2009, TTY (360) 664-6178 or (360) 664-6094 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: DSHS is amending WAC 388-515-1507 as follows:
|•||Including healthcare for workers with disabilities (HWD) eligibility as one of the eligibility programs for HCB services, as approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS); and|
|•||Updating references and changing language for readability.|
Reasons Supporting Proposal: See above.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.057, 74.08.090, 74.09.500, 74.09.530, Section 1915(c) of the Social Security Act.
Statute Being Implemented: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.057, 74.08.090, 74.09.500, 74.09.530, Section 1915(c) of the Social Security Act.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: Department of social and health services, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting, Implementation and Enforcement: Lori Rolley, P.O. Box 45600, Olympia, WA 98504-5600, (360) 725-2271.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. The department has analyzed the rules and determined that no new costs will be imposed on small businesses or nonprofit organizations.
A cost-benefit analysis is not required under RCW 34.05.328. Rules are exempt, per RCW 34.05.328 (5)(b)(vii), relating only to client medical or financial eligibility.
May 15, 2009
Don Goldsby, Manager
Rules and Policies Assistance Unit4079.3
(a) Supplemental Security Income (SSI) eligibility described in WAC 388-474-0001. This includes SSI clients under 1619B status;
(b) SSI-related CN medicaid described in WAC 388-475-0100 (2)(a) and (b);
(c) SSI-related healthcare for workers with disabilities program (HWD) described in WAC 388-475-1000. If you are receiving HWD, you are responsible to pay your HWD premium as described in WAC 388-475-1250. This change is effective April 1, 2009;
(d) General assistance expedited medicaid disability (GAX) or general assistance based on aged/blind/disabled criteria described in WAC 388-505-0110(6) and are receiving CN medicaid.
(2) You ((
are not subject to)) do not have a penalty
period of ineligibility for the transfer of an asset as
described in WAC 388-513-1363 through 388-513-1366. This does
not apply to PACE or hospice services.
(3) You do not have a home with equity in excess of the requirements described in WAC 388-513-1350.
(4) You do not have to meet the initial eligibility income test of having gross income at or below the special income level (SIL).
(5) You do not pay (participate) toward the cost of your personal care services.
(6) If you live in a department contracted facility listed in WAC 388-515-1506 (1)(g), you pay room and board up to the ADSA room and board standard. The ADSA room and board standard is based on the federal benefit rate (FBR) minus the current personal needs allowance (PNA) for HCS CN waivers in an alternate living facility.
(a) If you live in an assisted living (AL) facility, enhanced adult residential center (EARC), or adult family home (AFH) you keep a PNA of sixty-two dollars and seventy-nine cents and use your income to pay up to the room and board standard.
(b) If subsection (6)(a) applies and you are receiving HWD described in WAC 388-475-1000, you are responsible to pay your HWD premium as described in WAC 388-475-1250, in addition to the room and board standard.
(7) If you are eligible for general assistance expedited medicaid disability (GAX) or general assistance based on aged/blind/disabled criteria described in WAC 388-505-0110(6), you do not participate in the cost of personal care and you may keep the following:
(a) When you live at home, you keep the cash grant amount authorized under the general assistance program;
(b) When you live in an AFH, you keep a PNA of thirty-eight dollars and eighty-four cents, and pay any remaining income and general assistance grant to the facility for the cost of room and board up to the ADSA room and board standard; or
(c) When you live in an assisted living facility or enhanced adult residential center, you are only eligible to receive a cash grant of thirty-eight dollars and eighty-four cents, which you keep for your PNA.
(8) Current resource and income standards are located at: http://www.dshs.wa.gov/manuals/eaz/sections/LongTermCare/LTCstandardspna.shtml.
(9) Current PNA and ADSA room and board standards are located at: http://www.dshs.wa.gov/manuals/eaz/sections/LongTermCare/ltcstandardsPNAchartsubfile.shtml.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.057, 74.08.090, 74.09.500, and 74.09.530 and Washington state 2007-09 operating budget (SHB 1128). 08-22-052, § 388-515-1507, filed 11/3/08, effective 12/4/08.]