Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 09-11-114.
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: Chapter 308-96A WAC, Vehicle licenses, specifically WAC 308-96A-300 Changing assigned registration year.
Hearing Location(s): Department of Licensing, Conference Room 108, 1125 Washington Street S.E., Olympia, WA 98507, on August 25, 2009, at 10 a.m.
Date of Intended Adoption: September 22, 2009.
Submit Written Comments to: Dale R. Brown, P.O. Box 2957, Mailstop 48205, 1125 Washington Street S.E., Olympia, WA 98507-2957, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (360) 902-7821 or 902-7822, by August 24, 2009.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Dale R. Brown by August 24, 2009, TTY (360) 664-8885.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: Rule making is required to comply with HB 1478 passed by the legislature 2009 regular session.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: Changing the assigned registration year when the registered owner is a member of the armed forces stationed outside of Washington.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 46.01.110.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent:
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting: Dale R. Brown, 1125 Washington Street S.E., Olympia, WA, (360) 902-4020; Implementation and Enforcement: Toni Wilson, 1125 Washington Street S.E., Olympia, WA, (360) 902-3811.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. A small business economic impact statement is not required pursuant to RCW 19.85.030 (1)(a). The proposed rule making does not impose more than a minor cost on businesses in the industry.
A cost-benefit analysis is not required under RCW 34.05.328. The contents of the proposed rules are explicitly and specifically dictated by statute.
July 21, 2009
Mykel D. Gable
Driver and Vehicle Services
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 01-17-017, filed 8/3/01, effective 9/3/01)
WAC 308-96A-300 Changing assigned registration year. When will the assigned registration year of a vehicle be changed?
(1) The department will change the registration year of a vehicle if the vehicle remains unlicensed for more than the entire assigned registration year.
(2) The registered owner may request a change of registration expiration month. This can only be done at the time of renewal and requires the registered owner to purchase more than twelve months of registration, limited to the vehicle field system constraints and license tab availability.
(3) When the vehicle is being added to a fleet.
(4) When a vehicle has been sold and the registration is no longer valid. (Example: When a vehicle has been sold with expired tabs, a new expiration date will be assigned at the time of registration renewal.)
(5) When the registered owner is a member of the armed forces stationed outside of Washington. See RCW 46.16.006.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 46.01.110, 46.16.135, 22.214.171.124 [46.16.225], 46.16.490, and 46.16.276. 01-17-017, § 308-96A-300, filed 8/3/01, effective 9/3/01; 98-19-075, § 308-96A-300, filed 9/21/98, effective 10/22/98. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.17.060, 46.01.060, 46.16.070 and 46.16.135. 92-02-100, § 308-96A-300, filed 1/2/92, effective 2/2/92. Statutory Authority: RCW 46.16.600, 46.16.276 and 46.01.110. 87-12-023 (Order TL/RG-34), § 308-96A-300, filed 5/28/87. Statutory Authority: RCW 46.16.135, 46.16.225, 46.16.490 and 46.01.110. 86-10-040 (Order TL/RG 24), § 308-96A-300, filed 5/5/86; Order MV-355, § 308-96A-300, filed 5/10/76.]