Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 09-15-168.
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: Under a new chapter, transportation benefit district administration, WAC 308-59-505 Assessing transportation benefit district fees and 308-59-510 Vehicle fee -- Transportation benefit district -- Exemptions.
Hearing Location(s): Department of Licensing, Conference Room 108, 1125 Washington Street S.E., Olympia, WA 98507, on October 29, 2009, at 10:00 a.m.
Date of Intended Adoption: November 24, 2009.
Submit Written Comments to: Dale R. Brown, P.O. Box 2957, Mailstop 48205, 1125 Washington Street S.E., Olympia, WA 98507-2957, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (360) 902-7821 or 902-7822, by October 27, 2009.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Dale R. Brown by October 27, 2009, TTY (360) 664-8885.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: Rule making is required to comply with laws concerning transportation benefit districts.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: New transportation districts have been established and these are rules for administration of this program.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 46.01.110 and 82.80.140.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting: Dale Brown, 1125 Washington Street S.E., Olympia, WA, (360) 902-4020; Implementation and Enforcement: Jennifer Dana, 1125 Washington Street S.E., Olympia, WA, (360) 902-3673.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. A small business economic impact statement is not required pursuant to RCW 19.85.030 (1)(a). The proposed rule making does not impose more than a minor cost on businesses in the industry.
A cost-benefit analysis is not required under RCW 34.05.328. The contents of the proposed rules are explicitly and specifically dictated by statute.
September 3, 2009
WAC 308-59-505 Assessing transportation benefit district fees. All owners of qualified vehicles may be charged a transportation benefit district vehicle fee in accordance with RCW 82.80.140 with reference to vehicles registered under RCW 46.16.0621 and 46.16.070.
WAC 308-59-510 Vehicle fee -- Transportation benefit district -- Exemptions. The following vehicles are exempt from transportation benefit district vehicle fees imposed under chapter 82.80 RCW:
(1) Vehicles with tax code 95 (vehicles taxed as personal property, such as mobile homes);
(2) Vehicles with the following use classes:
(a) C/G (converter gear);
(b) CMB (combination nonpowered);
(c) CMP (campers);
(d) COM (commercial nonpowered);
(e) EX (exempt);
(f) FAR (farm);
(g) FCB (farm combination);
(h) FED (federally owned);
(i) FEX (farm exempt);
(j) H/C (horseless carriage);
(k) H/D (house moving dolly);
(l) LOG (if non powered and used exclusively for hauling logs under RCW 46.16.085);
(m) MOB (mobile home);
(n) PED (moped);
(o) ORV (off road vehicle);
(p) RES (restored and collector vehicles);
(q) SCH (private school);
(r) SNO (snowmobile);
(s) SNX (exempt snowmobile);
(t) TLR (personal use single axle and less than two thousand pounds scale weight); or
(u) TOW (tow trucks);
(3) Vehicles registered under WAC 308-96A-050, (nonresident members of the armed forces);
(4) Vehicles registered under WAC 308-96A-400, (Indian tribes and tribal members);
(5) Vehicles registered under WAC 308-96A-046, (disabled American veterans or former prisoner of war);
(6) Vehicles registered under WAC 308-96A-180, (rental cars);
(7) Passenger motor vehicles registered under WAC 308-96A-175 and 308-96A-176, ride-sharing and transportation needs ride-sharing vehicles;
(8) Vehicles registered under WAC 308-96A-062, Transfer or destruction of honorary consul special license plates; and
(9) Vehicles registered under RCW 46.16.305, Medal of Honor recipients.