Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: WAC 308-391-106 Methods of payment.
THIS RULE IS BEING PROPOSED UNDER AN EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS THAT WILL ELIMINATE THE NEED FOR THE AGENCY TO HOLD PUBLIC HEARINGS, PREPARE A SMALL BUSINESS ECONOMIC IMPACT STATEMENT, OR PROVIDE RESPONSES TO THE CRITERIA FOR A SIGNIFICANT LEGISLATIVE RULE. IF YOU OBJECT TO THIS USE OF THE EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS, YOU MUST EXPRESS YOUR OBJECTIONS IN WRITING AND THEY MUST BE SENT TO Walt Fahrer, Rules Coordinator, Department of Licensing, P.O. Box 9020, Olympia, WA 98507-9020 , AND RECEIVED BY January 19, 2010.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: To add credit and debit card as payment options when conducting Uniform Commercial Code transactions in person.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: This is part of an agency-wide customer service initiative.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 62A.9A-526.
Statute Being Implemented: RCW 62A.9A-525.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: Department of licensing, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting: Margaret Vogeli, DOL, Olympia, Washington, (360) 664-1530; Implementation and Enforcement: Nancy Skewis, DOL, Olympia, Washington, (360) 664-1446.
November 6, 2009
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 09-12-067, filed 5/29/09, effective 6/29/09)
WAC 308-391-106 Methods of payment. Filing fees and search fees may be paid by the following methods:
(1) Cash. Payment in cash is accepted if paid in person at the filing office.
(2) Checks. Personal checks, cashier's checks, and money orders made payable to the filing office are accepted for payment provided that the drawer (or the issuer in the case of a cashier's check or money order) is deemed creditworthy by the filing office in its discretion. Checks may be made payable in an amount to be filled in by the filing office if the filing office is clearly authorized to fill in the amount.
(3) Electronic funds transfer. The filing office may accept payment via electronic funds transfer under National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) rules from remitters who have entered into appropriate NACHA-approved arrangements for electronic transfers with the UCC filing office and who authorize the relevant transfer under those arrangements and rules.
(4) Credit cards. The filing office accepts payment by
credit cards issued by approved issuers. Remitters must
provide the card number, the expiration date of the card, the
name of the card issuer, the name of the person or entity to
whom the card was issued, the billing address for the card,
and any other information required by the filing office to
complete the transaction. Payment will not be deemed tendered
until the issuer or its agent has ((
payment. This method of payment is accepted for on-line
services (( only)) and in person at the public service counter.
(5) The filing office accepts payment for bulk data by check or electronic funds transfer, except weekly updates which must be paid by electronic funds transfer.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 62A.9A-526, chapters 60.68, 60.13, and 9A.82 RCW. 09-12-067, § 308-391-106, filed 5/29/09, effective 6/29/09.]