Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 09-15-088.
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: To add a section in chapter 260-16 WAC regarding the definition of a race meet for calculations for Washington bred bonuses.
Hearing Location(s): Auburn City Council Chambers, 25 West Main, Auburn, WA 98002, on February 11, 2010, at 9:30 a.m.
Date of Intended Adoption: February 11, 2010.
Submit Written Comments to: Douglas L. Moore, 6326 Martin Way, Suite 209, Olympia, WA 98516-5578, e-mail email@example.com, fax (360) 459-6461, by February 8, 2010.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Patty Sorby by February 8, 1010 , TTY (360) 459-6462.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: This clarifies the length of the race meet in respect to when the moneys should be withheld from the mutual handle for calculating the Washington bred breeders bonus award.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: This complies with the recommended model rule for public records.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 67.16.020.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: [Horse racing commission], governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting: Douglas L. Moore, 6326 Martin Way, Suite 209, Olympia, WA 98516-5578, (360) 459-6462; Implementation and Enforcement: Robert J. Lopez, 6326 Martin Way, Suite 209, Olympia, WA 98516-5578, (360) 459-6462.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. Not applicable.
A cost-benefit analysis is not required under RCW 34.05.328. Not applicable.
January 4, 2010
Douglas L. Moore
(1) Washington-bred owner's bonus. A Class 1 racing association will withhold and pay daily to the commission one percent of the gross receipts of all in-state parimutuel machines, including approved satellite locations during the period of its authorized live race meet.
(2) Washington-bred breeder's award. A Class 1 racing association may withhold, in addition to the amounts authorized to be retained in RCW 67.16.170, for each authorized day of racing an additional six percent of the daily gross receipts of all in-state parimutuel machines from exotic wagers at its race meet and approved satellite locations. If a Class 1 racing association does retain an additional six percent of the daily gross receipts of all in-state parimutuel machines from exotic wagers at its race meet, the Class 1 racing association must provide one-sixth of the additional six percent for Washington-bred breeder awards. At the end of its authorized live race meet, a Class 1 racing association must pay to the commission the one-sixth of the additional six percent retained from exotic wagers for Washington-bred breeder's awards.
(3) The race meet will mean the period beginning the first day of live racing and concluding on the last day of live racing, and will include wagering on live races conducted on the grounds of the Class 1 racing association and simulcast wagering conducted during the period of the race meet. It will include wagering on simulcast races conducted during the live race meet, whether or not live racing is being conducted.
(4) The race meet will not include any wagering conducted at a Class 1 racing association or its approved satellite locations beginning the day after the last day of live racing and continuing until the day before the first day of live racing the following race season.
(5) Moneys received by the commission for Washington-bred owner's bonus and breeder's awards shall be deposited in the Washington-bred owner's bonus fund and breeder's award fund account in the custody of the state treasurer. The commission shall distribute the Washington-bred owner's bonus and breeder's awards as provided in WAC 260-16-065.