SOCIAL AND HEALTH SERVICES
Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: The purpose of these rules is to amend chapter 388-828 WAC, The DDD assessment, to include information governing the algorithm DDD uses to determine if a person meets the eligibility requirements for the CIIBS waiver program. Once adopted, these rules will replace emergency rules filed as WSR 10-05-084 on February 15, 2010.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 388-828-1620.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 71A.12.010 and 71A.12.030.
Other Authority: Title 71A RCW.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 10-03-108 on January 20, 2010.
A final cost-benefit analysis is available by contacting Mark Eliason, 640 Woodland Square Loop S.E., Lacey, WA 98504, phone (360) 725-2517, fax (360) 407-0955, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 5, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 5, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: March 8, 2010.
Susan N. Dreyfus
|If you are approved by DDD to receive:||Your client group is:|
|(1) DDD ((
(2) State-only residential services per chapter 388-825 WAC; or
(3) ICF/MR services per 42 CFR 440 and 42 CFR 483.
|Waiver and State-Only Residential|
|(4) Medicaid personal care (MPC) per chapter 388-106 WAC; or
(6) Medically intensive health care program services per chapter 388-551 WAC; or
(7) Adult day health services per chapter 388-106 WAC; or
(8) Private duty nursing services per chapter 388-106 WAC; or
(9) Community options program entry system (COPES) services per chapter 388-106 WAC; or
(10) Medically needy residential waiver services per chapter 388-106 WAC; or
(11) Medicaid nursing facility care services per chapter 388-106 WAC.
|Other Medicaid Paid Services|
|(12) County employment services per chapter 388-850 WAC.
(13) Other DDD paid services per chapter 388-825 WAC, such as:
(a) Family support services; or
(b) Professional services.
(14) Nonwaiver voluntary placement program services per chapter 388-826 WAC;
(15) SSP only per chapter 388-827 WAC;
|State-Only Paid Services|
|(16) You are not approved to receive any DDD paid services.||No Paid Services|
[Statutory Authority: RCW 71A.12.030 and Title 71A RCW. 07-10-029, § 388-828-1620, filed 4/23/07, effective 6/1/07.]
(1) You are the assessed age of eight or older and under age eighteen;
(2) Your behavior acuity level is high per WAC 388-828-5640;
(3) Your caregiver's risk score is medium, high or immediate per WAC 388-828-5300;
(4) Your ICF/MR score is eligible per WAC 388-828-4400; and
(5) You are not enrolled in the CIIBS waiver.
(1) The DDD protective supervision acuity scale (WAC 388-828-5000 to 388-828-5100);
(2) The DDD caregiver status acuity scale (WAC 388-828-5120 to 388-828-5360);
(3) The DDD behavioral acuity scale (WAC 388-828-5500 to 388-828-5640);
(4) The DDD activities of daily living (ADL) acuity scale (WAC 388-828-5380 to 388-828-5480);
(5) The DDD mobility acuity scale (WAC 388-828-5380 to 388-828-5480); and
(6) Eligible condition of "autism" as indicated in the DDD determination (WAC 388-823-0500).
|Section and WAC reference||If you meet the following criteria:||Then adjust your score by:||Score if you meet criteria|
|Clients meeting eligibility criteria in WAC 388-828-8505||Beginning Score = 0|
|DDD Determination||Eligible condition of autism in the DDD determination.||Adding 40 points||=|
|ADL Acuity Level||Your ADL support needs level
= high, medium or low
|Subtracting 54 points||=|
|Behavior Acuity Scale
WAC 388-828-5500 through 388-828-5640
|Your most prominent behavior
Severity of your most prominent behavior
= "potentially dangerous" or "life threatening"
|Adding 14 points||=|
|Protective Supervision Acuity Scale||Your answer to the following question:
"What level of monitoring does the client
typically require during awake hours?"
= "Line of sight/earshot"
|Adding 13 points||=|
|DDD Caregiver Status Acuity||Your caregiver risk level
= high or immediate
|Adding 136 points||=|
|Backup Caregiver Status||Your answer to the following question:
"Under what conditions are other
= "No other caregiver available"
|Adding 33 points||=|
|Mobility Acuity Scale||Your mobility acuity level
= high, medium or low
|Subtracting 15 points||=|
|Sum of all of scores above is your CIIBS out-of-home placement risk score||=|
|If your CIIBS out-of-home placement risk score is:||Then your CIIBS eligibility is:|
|96 or greater||Yes - Severe|
|17 through 95||Yes - High|
|Less than 17||No - (not eligible)|