SOCIAL AND HEALTH SERVICES
(Aging and Disability Services Administration)
Effective Date of Rule: July 1, 2010.
Purpose: Beginning July 1, 2010 (fiscal year 2011), ESSB 6444 requires the department to increase the current annual renewal license fee for nursing homes from $275 to $327 per bed.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 388-97-4160 and 388-97-4180.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: Chapter 37, Laws of 2010; Biennial Appropriations Act section; ESSB 6444, [section] 206 (19)(a), RCW 18.51.050, 43.135.055.
Under RCW 34.05.350 the agency for good cause finds that immediate adoption, amendment, or repeal of a rule is necessary for the preservation of the public health, safety, or general welfare, and that observing the time requirements of notice and opportunity to comment upon adoption of a permanent rule would be contrary to the public interest.
Reasons for this Finding: See above.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 2, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 2, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: June 23, 2010.
Katherine I. Vasquez
(a) Submitted at least sixty days prior to the proposed effective date of the license on forms designated by the department;
(b) Signed by the proposed licensee or the proposed licensee's authorized representative;
(c) Notarized; and
(d) Reviewed by the department in accordance with this chapter.
(2) All information requested on the license application must be provided. At minimum, the nursing home license application will require the following information:
(a) The name and address of the proposed licensee, and any partner, officer, director, managerial employee, or owner of five percent or more of the proposed licensee;
(b) The names of the administrator, director of nursing services, and, if applicable, the management company;
(c) The specific location and the mailing address of the facility for which a license is sought;
(d) The number of beds to be licensed; and
(e) The name and address of all nursing homes that the proposed licensee or any partner, officer, director, managerial employee, or owner of five percent or more of the proposed licensee has been affiliated with in the past ten years.
(3) The proposed licensee must be:
(a) The individual or entity responsible for the daily operation of the nursing home;
(b) Denied the license if any individual or entity named in the application is found by the department to be unqualified.
(4) For initial licensure of a new nursing home, the
proposed licensee must submit the annual license fee with the
initial license application. The nonrefundable nursing home
license fee is ((
two hundred seventy-five)) three hundred
twenty seven dollars per bed per year.
(5) If any information submitted in the initial license application changes before the license is issued, the proposed licensee must submit a revised application containing the changed information.
(6) If a license application is pending for more than six months, the proposed licensee must submit a revised application containing current information about the proposed licensee or any other individuals or entities named in the application.
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 18.51 and 74.42 RCW and 42 C.F.R. 489.52. 08-20-062, § 388-97-4160, filed 9/24/08, effective 11/1/08.]
(2) License renewals must be:
(a) Submitted at least thirty days prior to the license's expiration date on forms designated by the department;
(b) Signed by the current licensee; and
(c) Reviewed by the department in accordance with this chapter.
(3) The current licensee must provide all information on the license renewal form or other information requested by the department.
(4) The application for a nursing home license renewal must be made by the individual or entity currently licensed and responsible for the daily operation of the nursing home.
(5) The nursing home license renewal fee must be
submitted at the time of renewal. The nonrefundable nursing
home license renewal fee is ((
two hundred seventy-five)) three
hundred twenty seven dollars per bed per year.
(6) In unusual circumstances, the department may issue an interim nursing home license for a period not to exceed three months. The current licensee must submit the prorated nursing home license fee for the period covered by the interim license. The annual date of license renewal does not change when an interim license is issued.
(7) A change of nursing home ownership does not change the date of license renewal and fee payment.
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 18.51 and 74.42 RCW and 42 C.F.R. 489.52. 08-20-062, § 388-97-4180, filed 9/24/08, effective 11/1/08.]