Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 10-13-010.
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: Chapter 314-45 WAC, Serving and donating of liquor by suppliers at trade conventions.
Hearing Location(s): Washington State Liquor Control Board, 3000 Pacific Avenue S.E., Olympia, WA 98504, on September 22, 2010, at 10:00 a.m.
Date of Intended Adoption: September 29, 2010.
Submit Written Comments to: Karen McCall, 3000 Pacific Avenue S.E., Olympia, WA 98504, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (360) 664-9689, by September 22, 2010.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Karen McCall by September 22, 2010, (360) 664-1631.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: As part of the liquor control board's on-going rules review process, chapter 314-45 WAC was reviewed for relevance, clarity, and accuracy.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: The rules needed to be revised to reflect current laws and policy.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 66.08.030.
Statute Being Implemented: RCW 66.28.010.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: Washington state liquor control board, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting: Karen McCall, 3000 Pacific Avenue S.E., Olympia, WA 98504, (360) 664-1631; Implementation: Alan Rathbun, Director of Licensing, 3000 Pacific Avenue S.E., Olympia, WA 98504, (360) 664-1615; and Enforcement: Pat Parmer, Enforcement Chief, 3000 Pacific Avenue S.E., Olympia, WA 98504, (360) 664-1726.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. This proposal does not change the impact on liquor licensees or stakeholders.
A cost-benefit analysis is not required under RCW 34.05.328.
August 11, 2010
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 98-18-097, filed 9/2/98, effective 10/3/98)
WAC 314-45-010 Convention defined -- Hospitality rooms, display booths, receptions and similar activities -- Permits required -- Fees -- Procedures. Activities pursuant to RCW 66.20.010 (8), (9), a manufacturer, importer, distributor, or agent thereof, may serve or donate liquor without charge to delegates and guests at a bona fide convention of a trade association composed of licensees of the board, subject to conditions set forth in this regulation.
(1) For the purposes of this section a "convention" is defined as a bona fide session or assembly of the general membership of a trade association composed of licensees of the board.
(2) Such manufacturer, importer, distributor, or agent thereof, must hold a special permit issued by the board to engage in such an activity at such convention. The fee for each such special permit shall be $25.00. A permit is required for each booth or room a manufacturer, importer, distributor, or agent thereof is serving or donating liquor. Application for such permit shall be submitted on a form prescribed by the board. The statutory permits applicable to such activities are:
(a) A special permit provided for in RCW 66.20.010(8) which authorizes the holder thereof to serve liquor without charge to delegates and guests in a hospitality room or from a booth in a board-approved suppliers' display room at such convention.
(b) A special permit provided for in RCW 66.20.010(9) which authorizes the holder thereof to donate liquor for a reception, breakfast, luncheon, or dinner for delegates and guests at such convention.
(3) Any liquor served or donated as provided herein is authorized only for consumption within a specific area designated on an application for permit and approved by the board.
(4) A special permit holder who serves or donates any beer or wine on which state taxes have not been paid, must file a report of the quantity so served or donated and remit the amount of the taxes to the board, in conformity with RCW 66.20.010 (8), (9).
(5) Any spirituous liquor served or donated shall be purchased from the board or a spirit, beer and wine restaurant licensee.
(6) Any licensee promoting a trade show event shall submit a list of all suppliers attending the event.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 66.08.030, 15.88.030, 19.126.020, 66.04.010, 66.08.180, 66.16.100, 66.20.010, 66.20.300, 66.20.310, 66.24.150, 66.24.170, 66.24.185, 66.24.200, 66.24.206, 66.24.210, 66.24.230, 66.24.240, 66.24.244, 66.24.250, 66.24.375, 66.24.380, 66.24.395, 66.24.400, 66.24.420, 66.24.425, 66.24.440, 66.24.450, 66.24.455, 66.24.495, 66.24.540, 66.28.010, 66.28.040, 66.28.050, 66.28.170, 66.28.180, 66.28.190, 66.28.200, 66.28.310, 66.44.190, 66.44.310, 66.98.060 and 82.08.150. 98-18-097, § 314-45-010, filed 9/2/98, effective 10/3/98. Statutory Authority: RCW 66.08.030 and 66.98.070. 85-19-031 (Order 165, Resolution No. 174), § 314-45-010, filed 9/12/85; Order 46, § 314-45-010, Rule 114, filed 6/9/76.]