RULES OF COURT
|IN THE MATTER OF THE ADOPTION OF THE AMENDMENTS TO CrRLJ 4.2(g)-STATEMENT OF DEFENDANT ON PLEA OF GUILTY AND CrRLJ 4.2(g) "OFFENDER REGISTRATION" ATTACHMENT||)
Now, therefore, it is hereby
(a) That the amendments as shown below are adopted.
(b) That the amendments will be published expeditiously and become effective upon publication.
DATED at Olympia, Washington this 2nd day of December, 2010.
| Madsen, C.J.
| C. Johnson, J.
|| Owens, J.
| Alexander, J.
|| Fairhurst, J.
| Sanders, J.
|| J. M. Johnson, J.
| Chambers, J.
|| Stephens, J.
| Court of Washington
|Plaintiff,||Statement of Defendant on Plea of Guilty|
2. My age is ______________________________________.
3. I went through the _______ grade.
4. I Have Been Informed and Fully Understand that:
(a) I have the right to representation by a lawyer and that if I cannot afford to pay for a lawyer, one will be provided at no expense to me.
(b) I am charged with:
|Count Crime||RCW or Ordinance (with subsection)|
The elements are:
[ ] as set out in the charging document.
[ ] as follows: .
5. I Understand That I Have the Following Important Rights, and I Give Them All Up by Pleading Guilty:
(a) The right to a speedy and public trial by an impartial jury in the county where the crime is alleged to have been committed;
(b) The right to remain silent before and during trial, and the right to refuse to testify against myself;
(c) The right at trial to hear and question the witnesses who testify against me;
(d) The right at trial to testify and to have witnesses testify for me. These witnesses can be made to appear at no expense to me;
(e) I am presumed innocent unless the charge is proven beyond a reasonable doubt or I enter a plea of guilty;
(f) The right to appeal a finding of guilt after a trial.
6. In Considering the Consequences of my Guilty Plea, I Understand That:
(a) The crime with which I am charged carries a maximum sentence of ____ days in jail and a $_______ fine.
(b) The prosecuting authority will make the following recommendation to the judge: .
(c) The judge does not have to follow anyone's recommendation as to sentence. The judge can give me any sentence up to the maximum authorized by law no matter what the prosecuting authority or anyone else recommends.
(d) The judge may place me on probation for up to five (5) years if I am sentenced for a domestic violence offense or under RCW 46.61.5055, or up to two (2) years for all other offenses and impose conditions of probation. If the court orders me to appear at a hearing regarding my compliance with probation and I fail to attend the hearing, the term of probation will be tolled until I appear before the court on the record.
(e) The judge may require me to pay costs, fees and assessments authorized by law. The judge may also order me to make restitution to any victims who lost money or property as a result of crimes I committed. The maximum amount of restitution is double the amount of the loss of all victims or double the amount of my gain.
(f) If I am not a citizen of the United States, a plea of guilty to an offense punishable as a crime under state law is grounds for deportation, exclusion from admission to the United States, or denial of naturalization pursuant to the laws of the United States.
Notification Relating to Specific Crimes: If any of the Following Paragraphs Apply, the Box Should Be Checked and the Paragraph Initialed by the Defendant.
[ ] (g) The crime of ___________________ has a mandatory minimum sentence of _____________________ days in jail and $_______ fine plus costs and assessments. The law does not allow any reduction of this sentence.
[ ] (h) If this crime involves a sexual offense, prostitution, or a drug offense associated with hypodermic needles, I will be required to undergo testing for the human immunodeficiency (HIV/AIDS) virus.
[ ] (i) This plea of guilty will result in suspension or revocation of my driving license or privilege by the Department of Licensing for a period of _________. This period may not include suspension or revocation based on other matters.
[ ] (j) I may not possess, own, or have under my control any firearm unless my right to do so is restored by a superior court in Washington State, and by a federal court if required. I must immediately surrender any concealed pistol license. RCW 9.41.040.
[ ] (k) If this crime involves a violation of Title 77 RCW, the Department of Fish and Wildlife may, and in some cases shall, suspend or revoke my privileges.
[ ] (l) If this crime involves a drug offense, my eligibility for state and federal education benefits will be affected. 20 U.S.C. § 1091(r).
[ ] (m) This plea of guilty is considered a conviction under RCW 46.25.010 and I will be disqualified from driving a commercial motor vehicle. RCW 46.25.090. I am required to notify the Department of Licensing and my employer of this guilty plea within 30 days after the judge signs this document. RCW 46.25.030.
[ ] (n) If this case involves driving while under the influence of alcohol and/or being in actual physical control of a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, I have been informed and understand that I will be subject to:
[ ] the penalties described in the "DUI" Attachment.
[ ] these penalties: The mandatory minimum sentence of ______ days in jail, ______ days of electronic home monitoring and $________ monetary penalty. The court shall require me to apply for an ignition interlock driver's license and to drive only with a functioning ignition interlock device or, if the court waives those requirements, to submit to alcohol monitoring, for ____ year(s). I may also be required to drive only motor vehicles equipped with an ignition interlock device as imposed by the Department of Licensing and/or the court. My driving privilege will be suspended or revoked by the Department of Licensing for the period of time stated in paragraph 6(i). In lieu of the minimum jail term, the judge may order me to serve ______ days in electronic home monitoring. If I do not have a dwelling, telephone service, or any other necessity to operate electronic home monitoring, if I live out of state, or if the judge determines I would violate the terms of electronic home monitoring, the judge may waive electronic home monitoring and impose an alternative sentence which may include additional jail time, work crew or work camp.
[ ] (o) If this crime involves sexual misconduct with a minor in the second degree, communication with a minor for immoral purposes, or attempt, solicitation or conspiracy to commit a sex offense, or a kidnapping offense involving a minor, as defined in RCW 9A.44.128, I will be required to register with the county sheriff as described in the "Offender Registration" Attachment.
[ ] (p) Pursuant to RCW 43.43.754, if this crime is an offense which requires sex or kidnapping offender registration, or is one of the following offenses: assault in the fourth degree with sexual motivation, communication with a minor for immoral purposes, custodial sexual misconduct in the second degree, failure to register, harassment, patronizing a prostitute, sexual misconduct with a minor in the second degree, stalking, or violation of a sexual assault protection order granted under chapter 7.90 RCW, I will be required to have a biological sample collected for purposes of DNA identification analysis.
[ ] (q) Travel Restrictions: I will be required to contact my probation officer, the probation director or designee, or the court if there is no probation department, to request permission to travel or transfer to another state if I am placed on probation for one (1) year or more and this crime involves: (i) an offense in which a person has incurred direct or threatened physical or psychological harm; (ii) an offense that involves the use or possession of a firearm; (iii) a second or subsequent misdemeanor offense of driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol; (iv) a sexual offense that requires the offender to register as a sex offender in the sending state. I understand that I will be required to pay an application fee with my travel or transfer request.
7. I plead guilty to the crime(s) of ___________________ as charged in the complaint(s) or citation(s) and notice. I have received a copy of that complaint or citation and notice.
8. I make this plea freely and voluntarily.
9. No one has threatened harm of any kind to me or to any other person to cause me to make this plea.
10. No person has made promises of any kind to cause me to enter this plea except as set forth in this statement.
11. Statement of Facts: The judge has asked me to state in my own words what I did that makes me guilty of the crime(s). This is my statement (state the specific facts that support each element of the crime(s)):
[ ] Instead of making a statement, I agree that the court may review the police reports and/or a statement of probable cause supplied by the prosecution to establish a factual basis for the plea.
12. My lawyer has explained to me, and we have fully discussed, all of the above paragraphs. I understand them all. I have been given a copy of this "Statement of Defendant on Plea of Guilty." I have no further questions to ask the judge.
|I have read and discussed
this statement with the
defendant and believe
that the defendant is
competent and fully
|Prosecuting Authority||Defendant's Lawyer
|Type or Print Name||WSBA No.||Type or Print Name||WSBA No.|
|The foregoing statement was signed by the defendant in open court in the presence of the defendant's lawyer and the undersigned judge. The defendant asserted that (check appropriate box):|
|[ ]||(a)||The defendant had previously read; or|
|[ ]||(b)||The defendant's lawyer had previously read to him or her; or|
|[ ]||(c)||An interpreter had previously read to the defendant the entire statement above and that the defendant understood it in full.|
|Signed at (city)||, (state)||, on (date)||.|
|I find the defendant's plea of guilty to be knowingly, intelligently and voluntarily made. Defendant understands the charges and the consequences of the plea. There is a factual basis for the plea. The defendant is guilty as charged.|
|Case Name: ______________________________||Cause No.: ______________________________|
1. General Applicability and Requirements: Because this crime involves sexual misconduct with a minor in the second degree, communication with a minor for immoral purposes, or attempt, solicitation or conspiracy to commit a sex offense, or a kidnapping offense involving a minor, as defined in RCW 9A.44.128, I will be required to register.
If I am a resident of Washington, I must register with the sheriff of the county of the state of Washington where I reside. I must register within three business days of being sentenced unless I am in custody, in which case I must register at the time of my release with the person designated by the agency that has jurisdiction over me. I must also register within three business days of my release with the sheriff of the county of the state of Washington where I will be residing.
If I am not a resident of Washington but I am a student in Washington or I am employed in Washington or I carry on a vocation in Washington, I must register with the sheriff of the county of my school, place of employment, or vocation. I must register within three business days of being sentenced unless I am in custody, in which case I must register at the time of my release with the person designated by the agency that has jurisdiction over me. I must also register within three business days of my release with the sheriff of the county of my school, where I am employed, or where I carry on a vocation.
2. Offenders Who are New Residents or Returning Washington Residents: If I move to Washington or if I leave this state following my sentencing or release from custody but later move back to Washington, I must register within three business days after moving to this state. If I leave this state following my sentencing or release from custody, but later while not a resident of Washington I become employed in Washington, carry on a vocation in Washington, or attend school in Washington, I must register within three business days after attending school in this state or becoming employed or carrying out a vocation in this state.
3. Change of Residence Within State: If I change my residence within a county, I must provide, by certified mail, with return receipt requested or in person, signed written notice of my change of residence to the sheriff within three business days of moving. If I change my residence to a new county within this state, I must register with the sheriff of the new county within three business days of moving. Also within three business days, I must provide, by certified mail, with return receipt requested or in person, signed written notice of my change of address to the sheriff of the county where I last registered.
4. Leaving the State or Moving to Another State: If I move to another state, or if I work, carry on a vocation, or attend school in another state I must register a new address, fingerprints, and photograph with the new state within three business days after establishing residence, or after beginning to work, carry on a vocation, or attend school in the new state. If I move out of the state, I must also send written notice within three business days of moving to the new state or to a foreign country to the county sheriff with whom I last registered in Washington State.
5. Notification Requirement When Enrolling in or Employed by a Public or Private Institution of Higher Education or Common School (K-12): If I am a resident of Washington and I am admitted to a public or private institution of higher education, I shall, within three business days prior to arriving at the institution, notify the sheriff of the county of my residence of my intent to attend the institution. If I become employed at a public or private institution of higher education, I am required to notify the sheriff of the county of my residence of my employment by the institution within three business days prior to beginning to work at the institution. If my enrollment or employment at a public or private institution of higher education is terminated, I am required to notify the sheriff for the county of my residence of my termination of enrollment or employment within three business days of such termination. If I attend, or plan to attend, a public or private school regulated under Title 28A RCW or chapter 72.40 RCW, I am required to notify the sheriff of the county of my residence of my intent to attend the school. I must notify the sheriff within three business days prior to arriving at the school to attend classes. The sheriff shall promptly notify the principal of the school.
6. Registration by a Person Who Does Not Have a Fixed Residence: Even if I do not have a fixed residence, I am required to register. Registration must occur within three business days of release in the county where I am being supervised if I do not have a residence at the time of my release from custody. Within three business days after losing my fixed residence, I must send signed written notice to the sheriff of the county where I last registered. If I enter a different county and stay there for more than 24 hours, I will be required to register with the sheriff of the new county not more than three business days after entering the new county. I must also report in person to the sheriff of the county where I am registered on a weekly basis. The weekly report will be on a day specified by the county sheriff's office, and shall occur during normal business hours. I must keep an accurate accounting of where I stay during the week and provide it to the county sheriff upon request. The lack of a fixed residence is a factor that may be considered in determining a sex offender's risk level and shall make me subject to disclosure to the public at large pursuant to RCW 4.24.550.
7. Application for a Name Change: If I apply for a name change, I must submit a copy of the application to the county sheriff of the county of my residence and to the state patrol not fewer than five days before the entry of an order granting the name change. If I receive an order changing my name, I must submit a copy of the order to the county sheriff of the county of my residence and to the state patrol within three business days of the entry of the order. RCW 9A.44.130(7).
Reviser's note: The brackets and enclosed material in the text of the above section occurred in the copy filed by the agency and appear in the Register pursuant to the requirements of RCW 34.08.040.