Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 11-11-053.
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: Chapter 132Q-30 WAC, Standards of conduct for students.
Hearing Location(s): CCS Board of Trustees Meeting, Institute for Extended Learning Lodge, 3305 West Fort George Wright Drive, Spokane, WA, on September 20, 2011, at 8:30 a.m.
Date of Intended Adoption: September 20, 2011.
Submit Written Comments to: Anne Tucker, Community Colleges of Spokane, Mailstop 1009, P.O. Box 6000, Spokane, WA 99217-6000, e-mail email@example.com, fax (509) 434-5169, by September 2, 2011.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Anne Tucker by September 2, 2011, (509) 434-5109.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: To clarify existing rules and add a new section regarding smoking and tobacco use.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: See Purpose above.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 28B.50.140.
Statute Being Implemented: RCW 28B.50.140.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: Community Colleges of Spokane, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting: Anne Tucker, Public Information Officer, Suite 139, 501 North Riverpoint Boulevard, Spokane, WA 99202, (509) 434-5109; Implementation: Chief Student Services Officers, Terri McKenzie, Spokane Community College, Room 105, Building 50, 1810 North Greene Street, Spokane, WA, (509) 533-7015, Alex Roberts, Spokane Falls Community College, Room 150, Building 17, 3410 West Fort George Wright Drive, Spokane, WA, (509) 533-3514 and Amy Lopes-Wasson, Institute for Extended Learning, Room 245, 2917 West Fort George Wright Drive, Spokane, WA, (509) 279-6045; and Enforcement: College Presidents and IEL CEO, Joe Dunlap, Spokane Community College, Room 110, Building 50, 1810 North Greene Street, Spokane, WA, (509) 533-7042, Pam Praeger, Spokane Falls Community College, Room 105, Building 1, 3410 West Fort George Wright Drive, Spokane, WA, (509) 533-3535, and Scott Morgan, Institute for Extended Learning, Room 248, Magnuson, 2917 West Fort George Wright Drive, Spokane, WA, (509) 279-6040.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. No impact.
A cost-benefit analysis is not required under RCW 34.05.328. Community Colleges of Spokane is not a listed agency under RCW 34.05.328 and is therefore exempt from this provision.
July 1, 2011
Public Information Officer
and Rules Coordinator
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 07-10-042, filed 4/25/07, effective 6/25/07)
WAC 132Q-30-130 Responsibility for guests. A student or student organization is responsible for the conduct of guests on or in college premises and at functions sponsored by the college or sponsored by a recognized student organization. Bringing any person including children to a teaching environment without the express approval of the faculty member or other authorized official is prohibited.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 28B.50 RCW. 07-10-042, § 132Q-30-130, filed 4/25/07, effective 6/25/07.]
(1) Smoking and tobacco use are also prohibited:
(a) Within twenty-five feet of entrances, exits, windows that open, and ventilation intakes that serve an enclosed area where smoking and tobacco use are prohibited; and
(b) Where designated on college premises.
(2) "Smoking" means:
(a) Inhaling, exhaling, burning, carrying or possessing any lighted tobacco product, including cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, and any other lit tobacco products; or
(b) Use of electronic nicotine delivery devices including, but not limited to, electronic cigarettes, vapor cigarettes, or similar products.
(3) "Tobacco use" means the personal use of:
(a) Any tobacco product, which shall include smoking, as defined in subsection (2) of this section, as well as use of an electronic cigarette or any other device intended to simulate smoking;
(b) Smokeless tobacco, including snuff, chewing tobacco, smokeless pouches, or any other form of loose-leaf, smokeless tobacco.
(4) "Facilities" means a district owned or controlled property, building, or component of that property/building.
(5) "Motor pool vehicles" means vehicles assigned to specific college departments or programs; vehicles used for instructional purposes; vehicles dispatched to staff and students on a reserved, single-use basis; and vehicles assigned to specific faculty and staff.
(1) Unauthorized entry into a file, to use, read, or change the contents, or for any other purpose.
(2) Unauthorized transfer of a file.
(3) Use of another individual's identification and/or password.
(4) Use of computing facilities and resources to interfere with the work of another student, faculty member, or college official.
(5) Use of computing facilities and resources to send obscene, harassing, or threatening messages.
(6) Use of computing facilities and resources to interfere with normal operation of the college computing system.
(7) Use of computing facilities and resources in violation of copyright laws.
(8) Any violation of the CCS ((
Resources)) Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources
policy (( (7.30.05) or procedure)).
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 28B.50 RCW. 07-10-042, § 132Q-30-238, filed 4/25/07, effective 6/25/07.]