Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: The rule corrects an omission of language in WAC 284-17-429(6).
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 284-17-429.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 48.17.005.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 11-21-098 on October 19, 2011.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: December 21, 2011.
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending Matter No. R 2010-07, filed 1/28/11, effective 2/28/11)
WAC 284-17-429 Appointments and affiliations of licensees. (1) An insurance producer may be appointed or affiliated by submitting electronically the notice of appointment or affiliation through a third-party on-line licensing provider or the commissioner's on-line services, available at www.insurance.wa.gov.
(2) Insurance producers upon initial appointment by an insurer or upon initial affiliation by a business entity must be authorized to transact at least one line of authority within the authority of the insurer or the business entity.
(3) Initial appointments and affiliations are continuous. Each appointment or affiliation is effective until the first of the following occurs:
(a) The insurance producer's license is revoked, terminated, or nonrenewed;
(b) The appointment or affiliation renewal fee is not paid; or
(c) Notice of termination is electronically submitted to the commissioner.
(4) The insurer is obligated to ensure that its appointed insurance producers are licensed for the proper line of authority for which the insurance producer submits an application for insurance.
(5) Individual surplus line brokers may be affiliated with a business entity possessing a surplus line broker license in the manner set forth in subsection (1) of this section.
(6) Business entities are obligated to ensure that all affiliated insurance producers are licensed for the proper line of authority for which the insurance producer submits an application for insurance and that surplus line brokers are properly licensed.
(7) The applicable initial and renewal appointment and affiliation fees, as set forth in RCW 48.14.010, must be paid at the time of appointment, affiliation, or their renewals.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 48.15.015 and 48.17.005. 11-04-067 (Matter No. R 2010-07), § 284-17-429, filed 1/28/11, effective 2/28/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060, 48.17.005. 09-02-073 (Matter No. R 2008-06), § 284-17-429, filed 1/6/09, effective 7/1/09. Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060 (3)(a) and 48.17.150 (1)(g)(ii). 06-12-025 (Matter No. R 2005-06), § 284-17-429, filed 5/30/06, effective 6/30/06.]