Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: The rule revisions add middle school career and technical education programs to the indirect cost limit. The rule revisions also limit middle school and secondary carry over to the ensuing year to no more than the vocational enhancement allocation less recovery.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 392-121-570 and 392-121-578.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 28A.150.290.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 13-02-002 on December 19, 2012.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 2, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 2, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: February 6, 2013.
of Public Instruction
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 04-01-058, filed 12/11/03, effective 1/11/04)
WAC 392-121-570 Vocational indirect cost limit -- Applicable code provisions -- Purpose -- Effective date. (1) WAC 392-121-570 through 392-121-578 define the fifteen percent limit on indirect cost charges to school district state-funded vocational-secondary programs as required by the Biennial Operating Appropriations Act. These rules do not apply to federal vocational funding which is governed by federal policies.
(2) The purpose of these sections is to assure that state allocations for vocational education are expended by school districts to support state vocational programs. The minimum levels defined here are not to be construed as recommended expenditure levels.
(3) These sections are effective for the 2002-03 school year and thereafter.
(4) WAC 392-121-570 through 392-121-578 also apply to program 34, with program 34 substituted wherever program 31 appears. Running start does not apply to program 34.
[Statutory Authority: 2002 c 371 § 502(2) and RCW 28A.150.290. 04-01-058, § 392-121-570, filed 12/11/03, effective 1/11/04.]
(2) If the district's program 31 expenditures are below the minimum program 31 expenditure amount, the district shall be allowed to carry over into the ensuing school year an amount equal to up to ten percent of the minimum expenditure amount excluding any carryover from the prior school year. The actual amount carried over to the ensuing year shall be no more than the vocational enhancement less the recovery.
(3) The superintendent of public instruction shall recover from the district's general apportionment allocation as a prior year adjustment an amount equal to the lesser of the district's enhancement allocation for vocational students or the following amount:
(a) The district's minimum program 31 expenditures; minus
(b) The district's program 31 expenditures plus any allowable carryover.
(2))) (4) Recoveries made pursuant
to this section shall be adjusted after the January
apportionment calculation if revised enrollment, staff mix, or
expenditure data submitted by the district and accepted by the
superintendent of public instruction materially affects the
district's recovery amount.
[Statutory Authority: 2002 c 371 § 502(2) and RCW 28A.150.290. 04-01-058, § 392-121-578, filed 12/11/03, effective 1/11/04.]