HEALTH CARE AUTHORITY
[Filed January 18, 2019, 12:18 p.m.]
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: WAC 182-503-0505 Washington apple health—General eligibility requirements.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: Correcting WAC cross-reference.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: The agency is revising this rule to correct a WAC cross-reference in WAC 182-503-0505 (5)(a). The reference should read "182-513-1317(5)." The current listed citation WAC 182-513-1315(13) does not exist.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: Health care authority (HCA), governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting: Michael Williams, P.O. Box 42716, Olympia, WA 98504-2716, 360-725-1346; Implementation and Enforcement: Stephen Kozak, P.O. Box 45534, Olympia, WA 98504-5534, 360-725-1343.
This notice meets the following criteria to use the expedited adoption process for these rules:
Corrects typographical errors, make address or name changes, or clarify language of a rule without changing its effect.
Explanation of the Reason the Agency Believes the Expedited Rule-Making Process is Appropriate: This rule making is [for] correction purposes only as allowed by RCW 34.05.353
THIS RULE IS BEING PROPOSED UNDER AN EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS THAT WILL ELIMINATE THE NEED FOR THE AGENCY TO HOLD PUBLIC HEARINGS, PREPARE A SMALL BUSINESS ECONOMIC IMPACT STATEMENT, OR PROVIDE RESPONSES TO THE CRITERIA FOR A SIGNIFICANT LEGISLATIVE RULE. IF YOU OBJECT TO THIS USE OF THE EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS, YOU MUST EXPRESS YOUR OBJECTIONS IN WRITING AND THEY MUST BE SENT TO Wendy Barcus, Rules Coordinator, HCA, P.O. Box 42716, Olympia, WA 98504-9716, phone 360-725-1306, fax 360-586-9727, email email@example.com, AND RECEIVED BY March 26, 2019.
January 18, 2019
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 17-12-017, filed 5/30/17, effective 6/30/17)
WAC 182-503-0505Washington apple health—General eligibility requirements.
(1) When you apply for Washington apple health programs established under chapter 74.09
RCW, you must meet the eligibility criteria in chapters 182-500 through 182-527 WAC.
(2) When you apply for apple health, we first consider you for federally funded or federally matched programs. We consider you for state-funded programs after we have determined that you are ineligible for federally funded and federally matched programs.
(3) Unless otherwise specified in a program specific WAC, the eligibility criteria for each program are as follows:
(a) Age (WAC 182-503-0050);
(b) Residence in Washington state (WAC 182-503-0520 and 182-503-0525);
(c) Citizenship or immigration status in the United States (WAC 182-503-0535);
(d) Possession of a valid Social Security account number (WAC 182-503-0515);
(e) Assignment of medical support rights to the state of Washington (WAC 182-503-0540);
(f) Application for medicare and enrollment into medicare's prescription drug program if:
(i) You are likely entitled to medicare; and
(ii) We have authority to pay medicare cost sharing as described in chapter 182-517 WAC.
(g) If your eligibility is not based on modified adjusted gross income (MAGI) methodology, your countable resources must be within specific program limits (chapters 182-512, 182-513, 182-515, 182-517, and 182-519 WAC); and
(h) Countable income within program limits:
(i) For MAGI-based programs, see WAC 182-505-0100;
(ii) For the refugee program, see WAC 182-507-0130;
(iii) For the medical care services program, see WAC 182-508-0005;
(iv) For the health care for workers with disabilities (HWD) program, see WAC 182-511-1000;
(v) For the SSI-related program, see WAC 182-512-0010;
(vi) For long-term care programs, see ((chapter[s]))chapters 182-513 and 182-515 WAC;
(vii) For medicare savings programs, see WAC 182-517-0100; and
(viii) For the medically needy program, see WAC 182-519-0050.
(4) In addition to the general eligibility requirements in subsection (3) of this section, each program has specific eligibility requirements as described in applicable WAC.
(5) If you are in a public institution, including a correctional facility, you are not eligible for full scope apple health coverage, except in the following situations:
(a) If you are age twenty-one or younger or age sixty-five or older and are a patient in an institution for mental disease (see WAC ((182-513-1315(13)))182-513-1317(5)); or
(b) You receive inpatient hospital services outside of the public institution or correctional facility.
(6) We limit coverage for people who become residents in a public institution, under subsection (5) of this section, until they are released.
(7) If you are terminated from SSI or lose eligibility for categorically needy (CN) or alternative benefits plan (ABP) coverage, you receive coverage under the apple health program with the highest scope of care for which you may be eligible while we determine your eligibility for other health care programs. See WAC 182-504-0125.