DEPARTMENT OF LICENSING
[Filed February 5, 2019, 8:22 a.m.]
Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 19-01-109.
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: WAC 308-91-040 General provisions.
Hearing Location(s): On March 13, 2019, at 10:00 a.m., at Black Lake Building #2, 405 Black Lake Boulevard S.W., Conference Room 2108, Olympia, WA 98502. Check in at front counter.
Date of Intended Adoption: March 14, 2019.
Submit Written Comments to: Wesley Marks, Department of Licensing, P.O. Box 9228, Olympia, WA 98507-9228, email email@example.com, by March 12, 2019.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Wesley Marks, phone 360-664-1850, TTY 711, email firstname.lastname@example.org, by March 12, 2019.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: This rule change will allow drivers to keep a photocopy, electronic image, or the original cab card in their vehicle.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: The international registration plan updated its requirements for acceptance of credentials in vehicles.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 46.87.010
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: Department of licensing, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting, Implementation, and Enforcement: Wesley Marks, 405 Black Lake Boulevard S.W., Olympia, WA 98502, 360-664-1850.
A school district fiscal impact statement is not required under RCW 28A.305.135
A cost-benefit analysis is not required under RCW 34.05.328
. The department is exempt under RCW 34.05.328
and this rule making does not qualify as a significant legislative rule or other rule requiring a cost-benefit analysis.
The proposed rule does not impose more-than-minor costs on businesses. Following is a summary of the agency's analysis showing how costs were calculated. This rule change will impose no costs to businesses.
February 5, 2019
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 16-03-071, filed 1/19/16, effective 2/19/16)
WAC 308-91-040General provisions.
(1) Can carriers separate their apportionable vehicles into more than one fleet? Yes, carriers may separate their apportionable vehicles into two or more fleets.
(2) How must I display my cab card? The original paper cab card, a legible paper copy, or a legible electronic image must be carried in or on the vehicle to which it has been issued. If you have renewed for a subsequent registration year but are still operating in the current registration year, you are required to carry both cab cards.
(3) Are photocopies of the cab card acceptable?((No, photocopies or other facsimiles (fax) of any cab card cannot be used for the power unit.))Yes, a photocopy of the original cab card is acceptable provided the copy is legible.
(4) May my proportional registration credentials be transferred? Yes, vehicle license plates and validation tabs may be transferred when moving the vehicles from one fleet to another fleet for the same registrant. Cab card(s) cannot be transferred under any circumstance.
(5) When must I surrender my proportional registration credentials? Cab card(s) must be surrendered in order to receive license fee credit unless the supplement is filed electronically.
(6) Under what circumstances may Washington license fees be adjusted? For any unpaid invoices, Washington license fees may be adjusted, in one-twelfth increments, if reasonable cause has been established. Reasonable cause may be considered as the demise of the registrant, destruction of a vehicle, theft or other cause the department determines otherwise acceptable. Washington license fees may also be adjusted by audit.