DEPARTMENT OF LICENSING
[Filed March 29, 2019, 2:52 p.m., effective April 29, 2019]
Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: This rule change will allow drivers to keep a photocopy, electronic image, or the original cab card in their vehicle.
Citation of Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 308-91-040.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 46.87.010
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 19-04-089 on February 5, 2019.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at the Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's own Initiative: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: March 29, 2019.
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 16-03-071, filed 1/19/16, effective 2/19/16)
WAC 308-91-040General provisions.
(1) Can carriers separate their apportionable vehicles into more than one fleet? Yes, carriers may separate their apportionable vehicles into two or more fleets.
(2) How must I display my cab card? The original paper cab card, a legible paper copy, or a legible electronic image must be carried in or on the vehicle to which it has been issued. If you have renewed for a subsequent registration year but are still operating in the current registration year, you are required to carry both cab cards.
(3) Are photocopies of the cab card acceptable?((No, photocopies or other facsimiles (fax) of any cab card cannot be used for the power unit.))Yes, a photocopy of the original cab card is acceptable provided the copy is legible.
(4) May my proportional registration credentials be transferred? Yes, vehicle license plates and validation tabs may be transferred when moving the vehicles from one fleet to another fleet for the same registrant. Cab card(s) cannot be transferred under any circumstance.
(5) When must I surrender my proportional registration credentials? Cab card(s) must be surrendered in order to receive license fee credit unless the supplement is filed electronically.
(6) Under what circumstances may Washington license fees be adjusted? For any unpaid invoices, Washington license fees may be adjusted, in one-twelfth increments, if reasonable cause has been established. Reasonable cause may be considered as the demise of the registrant, destruction of a vehicle, theft or other cause the department determines otherwise acceptable. Washington license fees may also be adjusted by audit.