DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
[Filed April 16, 2019, 10:49 a.m., effective May 17, 2019]
Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: WAC 246-827A-0040 Application requirements, the department of health adopted an amendment to correct a typographical error in the existing rule. WAC 246-827A-0040 incorrectly referenced a nonexistent section related to the required application fee for the forensic phlebotomist credential. A rule amendment correctly states that fees for the forensic phlebotomist credential can be found under WAC 246-827A-990, rather than WAC 246-827A-900, which does not exist.
Citation of Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 246-827A-0040.
Other Authority: RCW 18.360.040
and E2SHB 1614 (chapter 336, Laws of 2017).
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 18-24-053 on November 28, 2018.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at the Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: April 12, 2019.
John Wiesman, DrPH, MPH
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 18-14-016, filed 6/25/18, effective 7/26/18)
WAC 246-827A-0040Application requirements.
An applicant for a forensic phlebotomist credential must submit the following to the department:
(1) Completed application on forms provided by the department;
(2) Proof of successful completion of the required education or approved training program described under WAC 246-827A-0030;
(3) Proof of completing seven clock hours of HIV/AIDS education as required by chapter 246-12 WAC, Part 8;
(4) Proof of current employment as a law enforcement or police officer, or current employment at a detention or correction facility;
(5) Any fee required in WAC ((246-827A-900))246-827A-990;
(6) Fingerprint cards for national fingerprint based background check pursuant to RCW 18.130.064
(2), if requested by the department; and
(7) Any additional documentation or information requested by the department.