FISH AND WILDLIFE
[Order 19-285—Filed November 8, 2019, 5:08 p.m., effective November 12, 2019]
Effective Date of Rule: November 12, 2019.
Purpose: Amend recreational salmon fishing rules for Marine Areas 10 and 13, Green (Duwamish) River, Kennedy Creek, and Minter Creek.
Citation of Rules Affected by this Order: Repealing WAC 220-313-06000M; and amending WAC 220-312-040 and 220-313-060.
Under RCW 34.05.350
the agency for good cause finds that immediate adoption, amendment, or repeal of a rule is necessary for the preservation of the public health, safety, or general welfare, and that observing the time requirements of notice and opportunity to comment upon adoption of a permanent rule would be contrary to the public interest.
Reasons for this Finding: This emergency rule closes all recreational salmon angling in the areas specified. Inseason indicators show extremely low chum returns to this point in the season. This conservation measure is necessary to ensure that hatchery broodstock and escapement goals are met. There is insufficient time to adopt permanent rules.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at the Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's own Initiative: New 2, Amended 0, Repealed 1.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: November 8, 2019.
Amy H. Windrope
for Kelly Susewind
WAC 220-313-06000NPuget Sound salmon—Saltwater seasons and daily limits.
Notwithstanding the provisions of WAC 220-313-060:
1. Catch Record Card Area 10: Effective November 12 through November 15, 2019: Closed.
2. Catch Record Card Area 13, waters EAST of a line from the southernmost point of Devil's Head (at the southern end of Key Peninsula) to the eastern boundary of Tolmie State Park: release all chum.
3. Marine Area 13 (South Puget Sound) waters WEST of a line from the southernmost point of Devil's Head (at the southern end of Key Peninsula) to the eastern boundary of Tolmie State Park: Effective November 12, 2019 until further notice: Closed.
WAC 220-3112-04000DFreshwater exceptions to statewide rules—Puget Sound.
Notwithstanding the provisions of WAC 220-312-040, effective November 12, 2019 until further notice, the following areas are closed to salmon angling:
1. Green (Duwamish) River (King Co.): from an east-west line extending through the southernmost tip of Harbor Island to Tukwila International Blvd./Old Hwy. 99 to the Tacoma Municipal Watershed Boundary Marker (1 mile downstream of Tacoma Headworks Dam)
2. Kennedy Creek (Thurston Co.): from the mouth (500 yards east of the northbound Hwy. 101 Bridge) to the northbound Hwy. 101 Bridge
3. Minter Creek (Pierce Co.): from the mouth to boundary markers (approx. 50' downstream of the hatchery rack)
Reviser's note: The section above appears as filed by the agency pursuant to RCW 34.08.040
; however, the reference to WAC 220-3112-04000D is probably intended to be WAC 220-312-04000D.
The following section of the Washington Administrative Code is repealed effective November 12, 2019:
Puget Sound salmon—Saltwater seasons and daily limits. (19-251)