HEALTH CARE AUTHORITY
[Filed December 16, 2019, 8:27 a.m., effective January 16, 2020]
Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: The agency is amending this section to correct a WAC cross-reference and remove age restrictions on tax dependent individuals. This change reflects agency policy that the agency supports applications of individuals who are tax dependent regardless of age.
Citation of Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 182-503-0010.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 19-22-019 on October 28, 2019.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at the Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: December 16, 2019.
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 17-12-017, filed 5/30/17, effective 6/30/17)
WAC 182-503-0010Washington apple health—Who may apply.
(1) You may apply for Washington apple health for yourself.
(2) You may apply for apple health for another person if you are:
(a) A legal guardian;
(b) An authorized representative (as described in WAC ((182-500-0010))182-503-0130);
(c) A parent or caretaker relative of a child age eighteen or younger;
(d) A tax filer applying for a tax dependent ((age eighteen or younger));
(e) A spouse; or
(f) A person applying for someone who is unable to apply on their own due to a medical condition and who is in need of long-term care services.
(3) If you reside in an institution of mental diseases (as defined in WAC 182-500-0050(1)) or a public institution (as defined in WAC 182-500-0050(4)), including a Washington state department of corrections facility, city, tribal, or county jail, or secure community transition facility or total confinement facility (as defined in RCW 71.09.020
), you, your representative, or the facility may apply for you to get the apple health coverage for which you are determined eligible.
(4) You are automatically enrolled in apple health and do not need to submit an application if you are a:
(a) Supplemental security income (SSI) recipient;
(b) Person deemed to be an SSI recipient under 1619(b) of the SSA;
(c) Newborn as described in WAC 182-505-0210; or
(d) Child in foster care placement as described in WAC 182-505-0211.
(5) You are the primary applicant on an application if you complete and sign the application on behalf of your household.
(6) If you are an SSI recipient, then you, your authorized representative as defined in WAC 182-500-0010, or another person applying on your behalf as described in subsection (2) of this section, must turn in a signed application to apply for long-term care services as described in WAC 182-513-1315.