SOCIAL AND HEALTH SERVICES
(Economic Services Administration)
[Filed March 17, 2021, 3:39 p.m., effective April 17, 2021]
Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: The department is adopting housekeeping amendments to WAC 388-434-0005 How often does the department review my eligibility for benefits?, to update outdated terminology without changing the effect of the rule.
Citation of Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 388-434-0005.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 20-22-039 on October 27, 2020.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at the Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: March 18, 2021.
Katherine I. Vasquez
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 13-18-005, filed 8/22/13, effective 10/1/13)
WAC 388-434-0005How often does the department review my eligibility for benefits?
(1) If you receive cash assistance, the department reviews your eligibility for assistance at least once every twelve months.
(2) When it is time for your eligibility review, the department requires you to complete a review. We use the information you provide to determine your eligibility for all assistance programs.
(3) If you complete an interview for assistance with a department representative and sign the printed ((application for benefits (AFB)))interactive interview declaration (IID) form, you do not have to complete a separate review form.
(4) For cash assistance, an eligibility review form or the ((AFB))IID must be dated and signed by both ((husband and wife))spouses, or both parents of a child in common when the parents live together.
(5) We may review your eligibility at any time if we decide your circumstances need to be reviewed sooner.
(6) At your review, we look at:
(a) All eligibility requirements under WAC 388-400-0005 through 388-400-0030;
(b) Changes since we last determined your eligibility; and
(c) Changes that are anticipated for the next review period.
(7) You are responsible for attending an interview if one is required under WAC 388-452-0005.
(8) If you do not complete the eligibility review for cash assistance, we consider you to be withdrawing your request for continuing assistance and your cash assistance benefits will end.
(9) We will send you written notice as described under chapter 388-458 WAC before assistance is suspended, terminated, or a benefit error is established as a result of your eligibility review.
(10) When you need a supplemental accommodation under WAC 388-472-0010, we will help you meet the requirements of this section.