CERTIFICATION OF ENROLLMENT
SENATE BILL 5832
2002 Regular Session
Passed by the Senate February 8, 2002
YEAS 43 NAYS 3
President of the Senate
Passed by the House March 6, 2002
YEAS 92 NAYS 0
I, Tony M. Cook, Secretary of the Senate of the State of Washington, do hereby certify that the attached is SENATE BILL 5832 as passed by the Senate and the House of Representatives on the dates hereon set forth.
Speaker of the
House of Representatives
Governor of the State of Washington
Secretary of State
State of Washington
SENATE BILL 5832
Passed Legislature - 2002 Regular Session
State of Washington 57th Legislature 2001 Regular Session
By Senator Haugen
Read first time 02/05/2001. Referred to Committee on State & Local Government.
AN ACT Relating to enabling counties planning under chapter 36.70A RCW to create nine lots in a short subdivision within a designated urban growth area; and amending RCW 58.17.020.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON:
Sec. 1. RCW 58.17.020 and 1995 c 32 s 2 are each amended to read as follows:
As used in this chapter, unless the context or subject matter clearly requires otherwise, the words or phrases defined in this section shall have the indicated meanings.
(1) "Subdivision" is the division or redivision of land into five or more lots, tracts, parcels, sites, or divisions for the purpose of sale, lease, or transfer of ownership, except as provided in subsection (6) of this section.
(2) "Plat" is a map or representation of a subdivision, showing thereon the division of a tract or parcel of land into lots, blocks, streets and alleys, or other divisions and dedications.
(3) "Dedication" is the deliberate appropriation of land by an owner for any general and public uses, reserving to himself or herself no other rights than such as are compatible with the full exercise and enjoyment of the public uses to which the property has been devoted. The intention to dedicate shall be evidenced by the owner by the presentment for filing of a final plat or short plat showing the dedication thereon; and, the acceptance by the public shall be evidenced by the approval of such plat for filing by the appropriate governmental unit.
A dedication of an area of less than two acres for use as a public park may include a designation of a name for the park, in honor of a deceased individual of good character.
(4) "Preliminary plat" is a neat and approximate drawing of a proposed subdivision showing the general layout of streets and alleys, lots, blocks, and other elements of a subdivision consistent with the requirements of this chapter. The preliminary plat shall be the basis for the approval or disapproval of the general layout of a subdivision.
(5) "Final plat" is the final drawing of the subdivision and dedication prepared for filing for record with the county auditor and containing all elements and requirements set forth in this chapter and in local regulations adopted under this chapter.
"Short subdivision" is the division or redivision of land into four
or fewer lots, tracts, parcels, sites, or divisions for the purpose of
sale, lease, or transfer of ownership((
: PROVIDED, That)). However,
the legislative authority of any city or town may by local ordinance increase
the number of lots, tracts, or parcels to be regulated as short subdivisions to
a maximum of nine. The legislative authority of any county planning under
RCW 36.70A.040 that has adopted a comprehensive plan and development regulations
in compliance with chapter 36.70A RCW may by ordinance increase the number of
lots, tracts, or parcels to be regulated as short subdivisions to a maximum of
nine in any urban growth area.
(7) "Binding site plan" means a drawing to a scale specified by local ordinance which: (a) Identifies and shows the areas and locations of all streets, roads, improvements, utilities, open spaces, and any other matters specified by local regulations; (b) contains inscriptions or attachments setting forth such appropriate limitations and conditions for the use of the land as are established by the local government body having authority to approve the site plan; and (c) contains provisions making any development be in conformity with the site plan.
(8) "Short plat" is the map or representation of a short subdivision.
(9) "Lot" is a fractional part of divided lands having fixed boundaries, being of sufficient area and dimension to meet minimum zoning requirements for width and area. The term shall include tracts or parcels.
(10) "Block" is a group of lots, tracts, or parcels within well defined and fixed boundaries.
(11) "County treasurer" shall be as defined in chapter 36.29 RCW or the office or person assigned such duties under a county charter.
(12) "County auditor" shall be as defined in chapter 36.22 RCW or the office or person assigned such duties under a county charter.
(13) "County road engineer" shall be as defined in chapter 36.40 RCW or the office or person assigned such duties under a county charter.
"Planning commission" means that body as defined in chapter((
36.70, 35.63, or 35A.63 RCW as designated by the legislative body to perform a
planning function or that body assigned such duties and responsibilities under
a city or county charter.
(15) "County commissioner" shall be as defined in chapter 36.32 RCW or the body assigned such duties under a county charter.
--- END ---