|Passed by the House March 11, 2003|
Speaker of the House of Representatives
Passed by the Senate April 15, 2003
President of the Senate
I, Cynthia Zehnder, Chief Clerk of the House of Representatives of the State of Washington, do hereby certify that the attached is SUBSTITUTE HOUSE BILL 1785 as passed by the House of Representatives and the Senate on the dates hereon set forth.
Governor of the State of Washington
Secretary of State
State of Washington
|State of Washington||58th Legislature||2003 Regular Session|
READ FIRST TIME 03/04/03.
AN ACT Relating to disclosure of client information by mental health counselors, marriage and family therapists, and social workers; and adding a new section to chapter 18.225 RCW.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON:
NEW SECTION. Sec. 1 A new section is added to chapter 18.225 RCW
to read as follows:
A person licensed under this chapter shall not disclose the written acknowledgment of the disclosure statement pursuant to RCW 18.225.100, nor any information acquired from persons consulting the individual in a professional capacity when the information was necessary to enable the individual to render professional services to those persons except:
(1) With the written authorization of that person or, in the case of death or disability, the person's personal representative;
(2) If the person waives the privilege by bringing charges against the person licensed under this chapter;
(3) In response to a subpoena from the secretary. The secretary may subpoena only records related to a complaint or report under RCW 18.130.050;
(4) As required under chapter 26.44 or 74.34 RCW or RCW 71.05.250; or
(5) To any individual if the person licensed under this chapter reasonably believes that disclosure will avoid or minimize an imminent danger to the health or safety of the individual or any other individual; however, there is no obligation on the part of the provider to so disclose.