|HB 3109-S - DIGEST|
|(AS OF HOUSE 2ND READING 2/11/06)|
Finds that: (1) An independent citizen advisory board is necessary to ensure that government services, customer satisfaction, program efficiency, and management systems are world class in performance. A citizen advisory board will ensure that efforts to improve performance are coordinated across state government and prioritized to prevent duplication of effort and achieve the highest value for taxpayer dollars; and
(2) Essential tools for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of government include fair, independent, and professional performance audits of state agencies, performance reviews, a performance-based budgeting process, and quality assessments.
Declares that the role of the citizen advisory board is to advise the governor on: (1) Improving state government efficiency and effectiveness, including best practices from public and private sectors;
(2) Ensuring that efforts to improve performance are coordinated and prioritized across state government to achieve the highest value for taxpayer dollars;
(3) Increasing the accountability of state government through effective communication to citizens;
(4) Ensuring that performance improvement efforts by state agencies, the state auditor, and the legislature are fair, independent, and professional; and
(5) Engaging citizens to assist in identifying priorities.
Repeals RCW 43.09.440, 43.09.445, and 43.88.162.