|Passed by the House March 3, 2009|
Speaker of the House of Representatives
Passed by the Senate April 9, 2009
President of the Senate
I, Barbara Baker, Chief Clerk of the House of Representatives of the State of Washington, do hereby certify that the attached is HOUSE BILL 1288 as passed by the House of Representatives and the Senate on the dates hereon set forth.
Governor of the State of Washington
Secretary of State
State of Washington
|State of Washington||61st Legislature||2009 Regular Session|
Read first time 01/16/09. Referred to Committee on State Government & Tribal Affairs.
AN ACT Relating to exempting the annual parental declaration of intent to home school from the public disclosure act; and amending RCW 42.56.320.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON:
Sec. 1 RCW 42.56.320 and 2005 c 274 s 412 are each amended to
read as follows:
The following educational information is exempt from disclosure under this chapter:
(1) Financial disclosures filed by private vocational schools under chapters 28B.85 and 28C.10 RCW;
(2) Financial and commercial information supplied by or on behalf of a person, firm, corporation, or entity under chapter 28B.95 RCW relating to the purchase or sale of tuition units and contracts for the purchase of multiple tuition units;
(3) Individually identifiable information received by the workforce training and education coordinating board for research or evaluation purposes; ((
(4) Except for public records as defined in RCW ((
40.14.010, any records or documents obtained by a state college,
university, library, or archive through or concerning any gift, grant,
conveyance, bequest, or devise, the terms of which restrict or regulate
public access to those records or documents; and
(5) The annual declaration of intent filed by parents under RCW 28A.200.010 for a child to receive home-based instruction.