SUBSTITUTE HOUSE BILL 1633
State of Washington
2019 Regular Session
ByHouse Transportation (originally sponsored by Representatives Goehner, Entenman, Orcutt, Barkis, Boehnke, Steele, Chapman, Mead, Eslick, and Van Werven)
READ FIRST TIME 02/12/19.
AN ACT Relating to making permanent the posting of fuel tax rate information at fuel pumps; adding a new section to chapter 82.38
RCW; providing an effective date; and declaring an emergency.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON:
NEW SECTION. Sec. 1.
A new section is added to chapter 82.38
RCW to read as follows:
(1) The department of agriculture shall produce a fuel tax sticker for display on each motor fuel pump from which fuel is sold at retail that displays and provides notice of the federal and state fuel tax rates. The sticker must display the rate of each tax, in cents per gallon, for each type of fuel.
(2) The department of agriculture shall provide notice of federal and state fuel tax rates, in the form of a fuel tax sticker, to be displayed on motor fuel pumps.
(3) The department of agriculture shall distribute fuel tax stickers to all individuals who conduct fuel pump inspections, including department employees and local government employees. Government employees who conduct fuel pump inspections shall display a fuel tax sticker on each motor fuel pump or shall verify that such a sticker is being displayed at the time of inspection as required under this subsection. Fuel tax stickers must:
(a) Be displayed on each face of the motor fuel pump on which the price of the fuel sold from the pump is displayed; and
(b) Be displayed in a clear, conspicuous, and prominent manner.
(4) The department of agriculture shall provide fuel tax stickers by mail to fuel pump owners who request them for the face of each motor fuel pump for which a sticker is requested.
(5) The department of agriculture shall produce updated fuel tax stickers on an annual basis when one or more fuel tax rates have changed. Fuel tax stickers must be replaced at the time of motor fuel pump inspection if the sticker has been updated with any new fuel tax rates.
NEW SECTION. Sec. 2. This act is necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, or safety, or support of the state government and its existing public institutions, and takes effect July 1, 2019.
--- END ---