HOUSE BILL NO. 2158
C 065 L 89
State of Washington 51st Legislature 1989 Regular Session
By Representatives Rasmussen, Schoon, H. Sommers, Locke, P. King, Wineberry, Winsley, Ferguson, Heavey, Fraser and Vekich
Read first time 2/24/89 and referred to Committee on Health Care.
AN ACT Relating to comprehensive cancer centers; and amending RCW 70.37.020.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON:
Sec. 1. Section 2, chapter 147, Laws of 1974 ex. sess. as amended by section 3, chapter 210, Laws of 1983 and RCW 70.37.020 are each amended to read as follows:
As used in this chapter, the following words and terms have the following meanings, unless the context indicates or requires another or different meaning or intent and the singular of any term shall encompass the plural and the plural the singular unless the context indicates otherwise:
(1) "Authority" means the Washington health care facilities authority created by RCW 70.37.030 or any board, body, commission, department or officer succeeding to the principal functions thereof or to whom the powers conferred upon the authority shall be given by law.
(2) "Bonds" mean bonds, notes or other evidences of indebtedness of the authority issued pursuant hereto.
(3) "Health care facility" means any land, structure, system, machinery, equipment or other real or personal property or appurtenances useful for or associated with delivery of inpatient or outpatient health care service or support for such care or any combination thereof which is operated or undertaken in connection with hospital, clinic, health maintenance organization, diagnostic or treatment center, extended care facility, or any facility providing or designed to provide therapeutic, convalescent or preventive health care services, and shall include research and support facilities of a comprehensive cancer center, but excluding, however, any facility which is maintained by a participant primarily for rental or lease to self-employed health care professionals or as an independent nursing home or other facility primarily offering domiciliary care.
(4) "Participant" means any city, county or other municipal corporation or agency or political subdivision of the state or any corporation, hospital, comprehensive cancer center, or health maintenance organization authorized by law to operate nonprofit health care facilities, or any affiliate, as defined by regulations promulgated by the director of the department of licensing pursuant to RCW 21.20.450, which is a nonprofit corporation acting for the benefit of any entity described in this subsection.
(5) "Project" means a specific health care facility or any combination of health care facilities, constructed, purchased, acquired, leased, used, owned or operated by a participant, and alterations, additions to, renovations, enlargements, betterments and reconstructions thereof.