The definitions in this section apply throughout this title unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Certified mail" includes, for mailings to a foreign country, any form of mail that requires or permits a return receipt.
(2) "Consumer debt" means any obligation or alleged obligation of a consumer to pay money arising out of a transaction in which the money, property, insurance, or services which are the subject of the transaction are primarily for personal, family, or household purposes. Consumer debt includes medical debt.
(3) "Medical debt" has the same meaning as provided in RCW 19.16.100
(4) "Private student loan" means any loan not guaranteed by the federal or state government that is used solely for personal use to finance postsecondary education and costs of attendance at an educational institution. A private student loan includes a loan made solely to refinance a private student loan. A private student loan does not include an extension of credit made under an open-end consumer credit plan, a reverse mortgage transaction, a residential mortgage transaction, or any other loan that is secured by real property or a dwelling.
(5) "Public auction sale by electronic media" has the same meaning as provided in RCW 36.16.145