Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter.
(1) "Crime" means an act punishable as a felony, gross misdemeanor, or misdemeanor under the laws of this state or equivalent federal or local law.
(2) "Dependent person" has the same meaning as that term is defined in RCW 9A.42.010
(3) "Victim" means a living person against whom a crime has been committed.
(4) "Witness" means a person who has been or is expected to be summoned to testify for the prosecution or defense in a criminal action, or who by reason of having relevant information is subject to call or likely to be called as a witness, whether or not an action or proceeding has been commenced.
(5) "Family member" means a person who is not accused of a crime and who is an adult child, adult sibling, spouse or domestic partner, parent, or legal guardian of the dependent person.
(6) "Advocate" means any person not accused of a crime, including a family member, approved by the witness or victim, in consultation with his or her guardian if applicable, who provides support to a dependent person during any legal proceeding.
(7) "Court proceedings" means any court proceeding conducted during the course of the prosecution of a crime committed against a dependent person, including pretrial hearings, trial, sentencing, or appellate proceedings.
(8) "Identifying information" means the dependent person's name, address, location, and photograph, and in cases in which the dependent person is a relative of the alleged perpetrator, identification of the relationship between the dependent person and the alleged perpetrator.
(9) "Crime victim/witness program" means any crime victim and witness program of a county or local law enforcement agency or prosecutor's office, any rape crisis center's sexual assault victim advocacy program as provided in chapter 70.125
RCW, any domestic violence program's legal and community advocate program for domestic violence victims as provided in chapter 70.123
RCW, or any other crime victim advocacy program which provides trained advocates to assist crime victims during the investigation and prosecution of the crime.