The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Blue alert system" means a quick response system designed to issue and coordinate alerts following an attack upon a law enforcement officer.
(2) "Investigating law enforcement agency" means the law enforcement agency that has primary jurisdiction over the area or has been delegated and accepted investigatory responsibility in which a law enforcement officer has been seriously injured or killed.
(3) "Law enforcement agency" means a general [authority Washington] law enforcement agency as defined in RCW 10.93.020
and a limited [authority Washington] law enforcement agency as defined in RCW 10.93.020
. Such agencies shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
(a) The Washington state patrol;
(b) All law enforcement agencies and police departments of any political subdivision of the state; and
(c) The department of corrections.
(4) "Law enforcement officer" includes police officers, the attorney general and the attorney general's deputies, sheriffs and their regular deputies, corrections officers, tribal law enforcement officers, park rangers, state fire marshals, municipal fire marshals, sworn members of the city fire departments, county and district firefighters, and agents of the department of fish and wildlife. "Law enforcement officer" also includes an employee of a federal governmental agency who is authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of, or the incarceration of any person for, any violation of law, and who has statutory powers of arrest.
(5) "Officer's employing law enforcement agency" means the law enforcement agency by which the officer is employed.