(1) The Washington state board of denturists is created. The board shall consist of seven members appointed by the secretary as follows:
(a) Four members of the board must be denturists licensed under this chapter, except initial appointees, who must have five years' experience in the field of denturism or a related field.
(b) Two members shall be selected from persons who are not affiliated with any health care profession or facility, at least one of whom must be over sixty-five years of age representing the elderly.
(c) One member must be a dentist licensed in the state of Washington.
(2) The members of the board shall serve for terms of three years. The terms of the initial members shall be staggered, with the members appointed under subsection (1)(a) of this section serving two-year and three-year terms initially and the members appointed under subsection (1)(b) and (c) of this section serving one-year, two-year, and three-year terms initially. Vacancies shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointments are made. Appointments to fill vacancies shall be for the remainder of the unexpired term of the vacant position.
(3) No appointee may serve more than two consecutive terms.
(4) Members of the board shall be reimbursed for travel expenses under RCW 43.03.050
(5) A member of the board may be removed for just cause by the secretary.