The board shall:
(1) Determine the qualifications of persons applying for licensure under this chapter;
(2) Prescribe, administer, and determine the requirements for examinations under this chapter and establish a passing grade for licensure under this chapter;
(3) Adopt rules under chapter 34.05
RCW to carry out the provisions of this chapter;
(4) Have authority to provide requirements for continuing competency as a condition of license renewal by rule; and
(5) Evaluate and approve those schools from which graduation is accepted as proof of an applicant's completion of coursework requirements for licensure.