The board shall administer the examinations for licensing under this chapter, subject to the following requirements:
(1) Examinations shall determine the qualifications, fitness, and ability of the applicant to practice denturism. The test shall include a written examination and a practical demonstration of skills.
(2) Examinations shall be held at least annually.
(3) The first examination shall be conducted not later than July 1, 1995.
(4) The written examination shall cover the following subjects: (a) Head and oral anatomy and physiology; (b) oral pathology; (c) partial denture construction and design; (d) microbiology; (e) clinical dental technology; (f) dental laboratory technology; (g) clinical jurisprudence; (h) asepsis; (i) medical emergencies; and (j) cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
(5) Upon payment of the appropriate fee, an applicant who fails either the written or practical examination may have additional opportunities to take the portion of the examination that he or she failed.
The secretary may hire trained persons licensed under this chapter to prepare, administer, and grade the examinations or may contract with regional examiners who meet qualifications adopted by the board.