(1) For purposes of this section, "hosted home party" means a gathering of persons at a private residence where a host or hostess has invited friends or other guests into his or her residence where individual person-to-person sales of precious metals occur.
(2) A host or hostess must be the owner, renter, or lessee of the private residence where the hosted home party takes place.
(3) A secondhand precious metal dealer who attends a hosted home party and purchases or sells precious metals from the invited guests must issue a receipt for each item sold or purchased at the hosted home party.
(4) The secondhand precious metal dealer must include on every receipt the following: (a) The name, residential address, telephone number, and driver's license number of the person hosting the home party; (b) the name, residential address, telephone number, and driver's license number of the person selling the item; (c) the name, residential address, telephone number, and driver's license number of the person purchasing the item; (d) a complete description of the item being sold, including the brand name, serial number, model number or name, any initials or engraving, size, pattern, and color of stone or stones; (e) time and date of the transaction; and (f) the amount and form of any consideration paid for the item.
(5) The secondhand precious metal dealer must make four copies of each transaction receipt: One for the seller, one for the host or hostess, one for the purchaser, and one for local authorities, if they should ask. The secondhand precious metal dealer and the host shall maintain copies of all transaction receipts and records for three years following the date of the precious metal transaction.
(6) A secondhand precious metal dealer of a hosted home party who purchases precious metals at a hosted home party and complies with this section is otherwise exempt from RCW 19.60.025
, and 19.60.042