Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter.
(1) "Affiliated business" means a business or business location that is directly or indirectly controlled by or under common control with the business location or locations listed in the notice of the sale or that has a common ownership interest in the merchandise to be sold with the business location or locations listed in the notice of the sale.
(2) "Going out of business sale" means a sale or auction advertised or held out to the public as the disposal of merchandise in anticipation of cessation of business. This includes but is not limited to a sale or auction advertised or held out to the public as a "going out of business sale," a "closing out sale," a "quitting business sale," a "loss of lease sale," a "must vacate sale," a "liquidation sale," a "bankruptcy sale," a "sale to prevent bankruptcy," or another description suggesting price reduction due to the imminent closure of the business.
(3) "Merchandise" means goods, wares, or other property or services capable of being the object of a sale regulated under this chapter.
(4) "Moving sale" means a sale or auction advertised or held out to the public in anticipation of a relocation of the business to within a thirty-mile radius of its existing location.
(5) "Person" means, where applicable, natural persons, corporations, trusts, unincorporated associations, partnerships, or other legal entities.