Every association formed under this chapter after July 23, 1989, shall prepare articles of incorporation in writing, which shall set forth:
(1) The name of the association.
(2) The purpose for which it was formed which may include the transaction of any lawful business for which associations may be incorporated under this chapter. It shall not be necessary to set forth in the articles of incorporation any of the corporate powers enumerated in this chapter.
(3) Its principal place of business.
(4) The term for which it is to exist which may be perpetual or for a stated number of years.
(5) If organized without capital stock, whether the property rights and interest of each member shall be equal or unequal; and if unequal, the articles shall set forth the general rules by which the property rights and interests of all members shall be determined and fixed. The association may admit new members who shall be entitled to share in the property of the association with old members in accordance with the general rules.
(6) If the association is to have capital stock:
(a) The aggregate number of shares which the association shall have authority to issue; if shares are to consist of one class only, the par value of each share, or a statement that all shares are without par value; or, if shares are to be divided into classes, the number of shares of each class, and a statement of the par value of the shares of each class or that shares are to be without par value;
(b) If the shares are to be divided into classes, the designation of each class and a statement of the preferences, limitations, and relative rights in respect to the shares of each class;
(c) If the association is to issue the shares of any preferred or special class in series, the designation of each series and a statement of the variations in the relative rights and preferences between series fixed in the articles of incorporation, and a statement of any authority vested in the board of directors to establish series and fix and determine the variations in the relative rights and preferences between series; and
(d) Any provision limiting or denying to members the preemptive right to acquire additional shares of the association.
(7) Provisions for distribution of assets on dissolution or final liquidation.
(8) Whether a dissenting member shall be limited to a return of less than the fair value of the member's equity interest in the association. A dissenting member may not be limited to a return of less than the consideration paid to or retained by the association for the equity interest unless the fair value is less than the consideration paid to or retained by the association.
(9) The address of its initial registered office, including street and number, and the name of its initial registered agent at the address.
(10) The number of directors constituting the initial board of directors and the names and addresses of the persons who are to serve as the initial directors.
(11) The name and address of each incorporator.
(12) Any provision, not inconsistent with law, which the incorporators elect to set forth in the articles of incorporation for the regulation of the internal affairs of the association, including provisions regarding:
(a) Eliminating or limiting the personal liability of a director to the association or its members for monetary damages for conduct as a director: PROVIDED, That such provision shall not eliminate or limit the liability of a director for acts or omissions that involve intentional misconduct by a director or a knowing violation of law by a director, or for any transaction from which the director will personally receive a benefit in money, property, or services to which the director is not legally entitled. No such provision may eliminate or limit the liability of a director for any act or omission occurring before the date when such provision becomes effective; and
(b) Any provision which under this chapter is required or permitted to be set forth in the bylaws.
Associations organized under this chapter before July 23, 1989, or under *chapter 24.32
RCW shall not be required to amend their articles of association or articles of incorporation to conform to this section unless the association is otherwise amending the articles of association or articles of incorporation.
The information specified in subsections (9) through (11) of this section may be deleted when filing amendments.