(1) A foreign entity not registered to do business in this state under Article 5 of this chapter may register its name, or an alternate name adopted pursuant to RCW 23.95.525
, if the name is distinguishable on the records of the secretary of state from the names that are not available under RCW 23.95.300
(2) To register its name or an alternate name adopted pursuant to RCW 23.95.525
, a foreign entity must deliver to the secretary of state for filing an application stating the entity's name, the jurisdiction and date of its formation, and any alternate name adopted pursuant to RCW 23.95.525
. The application must be accompanied by a certificate of existence, or a document of similar import, from the entity's jurisdiction of formation. If the secretary of state finds that the name applied for is available, the secretary of state shall register the name for the applicant's exclusive use.
(3) The registration of a name under this section is effective upon the effective date of the application and until the close of the calendar year in which the application for registration is filed.
(4) A foreign entity whose name registration is effective may renew the registration for successive one-year periods by delivering, not earlier than three months before the expiration of the registration, to the secretary of state for filing a renewal application that complies with this section. When filed, the renewal application renews the registration for the following calendar year.
(5) A foreign entity whose name registration is effective may register as a foreign entity under the registered name or consent in an executed record to the use of that name by another entity.