(1) A foreign entity may not do business in this state until it registers with the secretary of state under this chapter.
(2) A foreign entity doing business in this state may not maintain an action or proceeding in this state unless it is registered to do business in this state and has paid to this state all fees and penalties for the years, or parts thereof, during which it did business in this state without having registered.
(3) The successor to a foreign entity that transacted business in this state without a certificate of registration and the assignee of a cause of action arising out of that business may not maintain a proceeding based on that cause of action in any court in this state until the foreign entity, or its successor, obtains a certificate of registration.
(4) A court may stay a proceeding commenced by a foreign entity, its successor, or assignee until it determines whether the foreign entity, or its successor, requires a certificate of registration. If it so determines, the court may further stay the proceeding until the foreign entity, or its successor, obtains the certificate of registration.
(5) A foreign entity that transacts business in this state without a certificate of registration is liable to this state, for the years or parts thereof during which it transacted business in this state without a certificate of registration, in an amount equal to all fees which would have been imposed by this chapter upon the entity had it applied for and received a certificate of registration to transact business in this state and thereafter filed all reports required by this chapter, plus all penalties imposed by this chapter for failure to pay such fees.
(6) The failure of a foreign entity to register to do business in this state does not: (a) Impair the validity of a contract or act of the foreign entity; (b) impair the right of any other party to the contract to maintain any action, suit, or proceeding on the contract; or (c) preclude the foreign entity from defending an action or proceeding in this state.
(7) A limitation on the liability of an interest holder or governor of a foreign entity is not waived solely because the foreign entity does business in this state without registering.
(8) RCW 23.95.500
(1) and (2) applies even if a foreign entity fails to register under this Article 5.